Upcycled House Number Sign

Every month some of my blogging friends and I participate in a DIY Challenge. We pick one item from Home Depot and we each have to create something using that item. This month the chosen item was chain. I've been looking for a house number sign for some time now, but I couldn't find anything with the rustic look I was going for. I decided to make my own using leftover wood from a broken whiskey barrel planter.
I used 5 pieces of the leftover wood for the sign, and two more for the backing. I cut each piece to size using a miter box. I placed the two back pieces horizontally across and secured into place with nails.
It looked a little plain with just the house numbers so I added some metal pieces that had originally wrapped around the whiskey barrel planter. I cut these to size very carefully (the edges are sharp!) using industrial scissors. I attached those to the front of the sign with the original screws.
I used the chain as a hanger for my new house number sign. This whole project took only about an hour! Click the link below to see the full tutorial and the after photos!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Memorial Day Crafts
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
TheHoneycombHome