DIY Iphone Denim Pocket Pillow

$2

I love to make pillows out of old jeans you can see all the best ideas here.

By upcycling a pair of jeans, an old jumper and some scrap fabric you can make a fantastic pillow with a great pocket feature. This pocket is really handy for holding your iphone, whilst lying in bed listening to music. My teenage son loves it, it stops him from losing his phone or knocking it out of bed. Click here to see my most popular denim pocket upcycle.

All you need is the leg of an old pair of jeans, an old jumper, some scrap fabric and needle & thread.

You just need one leg of the jeans cut it as close to the crotch as possible. So that you end up with a piece that is approx 50cm by 40cm. Sew your denim piece across the top at the waist band.

Cut and sew your felted sweater and scrap fabric (each piece should be approx 25cm by 82cm). You may need to sew two pieces together to get the right size. Depending on your pillow size you want to end up with a cover approx 72cm X 40cm.

Pin the 3 pieces of fabric right sides together, and sew them to each other. Then sew along the open bottom edge. You should now just have one opening on the fabric piece. This is where you will put in your zip.

Turn your pillow cover right side out and sew in your zip on the fabric side. More details of this and links for how to insert a zip can be found on my blog .

Your teen will love this pillow. You can make it more personal by using an old pair of jeans of their own, and by using fabric to match their room decor.

Click here to see another upcycle I made for my sons room out of his old toys.

• Old pair of jeans
  • Sweater
  • Needle and thread

Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Trinton Garrett

question: why use sweater in the center? why not use flannel fabric or just use a good piece of fabric all the way across from the jeans? Doesn't the sweater get itchy on the head?

• Claire at Pillarboxblue

He liked the sweater as it was soft and cosy but you can use any fabric you want. I just like to post ideas but how you interpret them is up to you 😊