A Two Pallet Chair ANYONE Can Build in a Jiffy!

I really wanted something unique to sit on outdoors. So rather than pick up a typical patio set at the hardware store, I hunted down two pallets instead and created my own outdoor sofa.
This thing took about 2 hours to build... It was that simple!
This quirky, double wide sized pallet wood ch
This quirky, double wide sized pallet wood chair is all decked out, ready for a great summer read.
Two pallets, 4 legs and two armrest boards ar
Two pallets, 4 legs and two armrest boards are really all it took. So easy! The trick is to ensure you find two pallets that are similar in size.
Let's add more quirk to make it totally yours
Let's add more quirk to make it totally yours! This signboard was used as an armrest. Note how wide the board is... perfect for my coffee cup. Priorities here...
This leg has an antique level attached. This
This leg has an antique level attached. This project is a little like 'Where's Waldo's Wild Additions?'
Pallet markings were celebrated by placing th
Pallet markings were celebrated by placing them in prominent places. Coffee bean sacks acting like large pillow cases were just tucked in place. No sewing required.
For the legs, a little bracing was required i
For the legs, a little bracing was required inside the pallet so the leg had something to stabilize against.
Tell me that isn't one big cool chair to curl
Tell me that isn't one big cool chair to curl up in! But let's add some comfort...
5" foam cut to size (new from a foam shop) wa
5" foam cut to size (new from a foam shop) was key for the ultimate comfort.
This is a pallet SOFA I made last year, decke
This is the larger pallet SOFA I made last year, decked out in total bohemian style craziness. The blog link shows you more detail on how to create these cool sofas. Happy sitting to you!

Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Craig Miller

Do you offer diagram plans for your wide chairs and sofas? How does the foam and canvas hold up to outdoor weather? What products did you or do you use to seal both the wood and canvas from the weather to prevent rot and mold?

• Mindshift

Do a search for "waterproofing fabric sprays." In addition to ScotchGuard there are products from 303, RustOleum, Trek7 Aqua Armor, and Thompson's to name just a few.

• Cindy

I see someone else kind of asked the same sort of question I have, but do you have patterns available? I am a nurse and this is NOT a strong area for me but how cute would that be on my front porch? I would love to make something like this for indoors as well. I am building a tiny house and I want it rustic looking. I am trying to find ideas for a couple chairs that would be comfy but reasonable and Im looking at doing a white wash look for paint. How do you make the cushions hold up for outdoors?

• Hi Cindy! My original blog posts showcase a little more of this info, but in a nutshell... Try searching in HT or Pinterest for pallet furniture or furniture plans... there is so much out there! I don't do plans myself, just showcase lots of detail on how I did it. For cushioning, there are two types of foam one can purchase... indoor and out. I did choose indoor because it was much more price efficient. I just choose to bring it indoors if we get a run of bad weather. My patio is also under cover which greatly helps.