Getting a Handle on It--DIY Drawer Pulls

I hate hardware. It's one of those necessary evils. I avoid drawers and doors in almost every project possible just so I don't have to buy hinges, pulls, knobs, and hardware. I have to admit, it does make everything look and function much better. But I always forget to factor the hardware into the build budget, then $100 later, I'm like "HOW DID I MISS THAT?!" So, basically, it all boils down to the $$$. Hardware is expensive.

Until now...dun dun dun! DIY drawer/door pulls!! FOR CHEAP! Like, WHAT?!
Yup...AND they cost less than $1 each!! Which leaves more money to spend on cool things like new cans of stain you don't really need, another pair of wool socks, cat food, Cadbury eggs. You know...whatever floats your boat...or whatever ends up on your grocery list...
You can find all the details in the blog post link below.
Seriously, aren't these awesome for less than $1 each?!! For real.
I am in the middle of redoing my office, and I'm only about halfway done, so I don't want to give too much away, but I have to show you some more of these pulls. These are on my cabinet doors. Don't they look so good against the navy? To see more pictures and details of the pulls, check out the blog post below!!
Keep your eyes open because I'm going to tell you all about my new desk soon, too!
Now if only I can figure out how to make hinges so cheap! :) I'm still thinking on that one... So, until the next project, happy DIYing!! Get out there and make something!

Woodshop Diaries

• Lindi Lou

Tell us how you got the rings on there. With a bobby pin???

• Lovejunk

Drill a small hole in ur wood a put ring in pin and push in the hole and bend ur ends on the inside to hold

• Sheila

Where do you get these rings for less than a dollar

• Susan Peachey

What did you do with those cool little clips removed from the drapery rings?? I can see a memo hanger, a mitten dryer, a recipe card holder; why a whole host of awesome little time savings inventions around the house and garage!! You are my kinda girl. susan

• Cherri

LOVE IT I JUST GOT OUT A BOX OF OLD CURTAIN RINGS I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS HEADED TO LOWES FOR MY WASHERS THANK YOU SO MUCH..
  • Eileen

Great idea. I use all kinds of things I have laying sround my toolshop/studio!