Modern Bunny Decor Made From Popsicle Sticks (Easter or Nursery Idea!)

I'm just "hopping" by to drop off a DIY bunny project that can be made entirely from popsicle sticks! This is a project that looks much harder than it actually is, so as long as you can stack sticks, you can make this DIY art. (Especially if you use the free template I created!)
I'm actually not sure what to call this little bunny project. Is it art? A shelf? A sculpture? It looks charming as part of a Spring vignette, sitting on a table or mantle, but you can also hang it on the wall to create a little Easter-themed shelf in your entryway or kitchen.
I have enjoyed our little bunny so much, I think he'll probably stay up all year. Personally, I think this little guy is a great DIY nursery decor idea that would so sweet in a gallery wall among other keepsakes and art. (If you love the idea of adding handmade touches to your baby's room as much as I do, here are some other projects you might like.)
As with all of my popsicle stick projects, having a template to build your project on makes getting the shape so much easier. This is the most involved design I've created so far, so using the template will really help keep your craft sticks lined up as your bunny grows deeper.
To download the bunny template, visit the link at the end of this post. (Plus, you'll find a lot of other free patterns and templates for home decor projects including several other popsicle stick projects!)
SUPPLIES:
bunny template (Visit the link at the bottom of this post.)
full size 4.5 popsicle sticks (I used about 120. I buy them in bulk on Amazon.)
mini 2.5 popsicle sticks (I used about 310.)
glue (Wood glue is great, but you can use more basic school or tacky glue too.)
acrylic paint
wood stain
paintbrushes
yarn (If you prefer a pom pom tail to a popsicle stick tail.)
Check out the blog link below for the free downloadable template and a full step-by-step tutorial!
And for lots of other modern, budget friendly popsicle stick projects like this simple hexagon shelf, visit the link below!

Jess | MakeAndDoCrew.com