Reclaimed Pallet Wood Table

Don't pass by a table on the trash just because the top is in bad shape. I saw this table and the leg details are what caught my eye. I grabbed it quickly and then realized that the top was not salvageable. So I removed it and made it into a farmhouse table by painting the base black and adding pallet wood to the top.
http://reposhture.blogspot.com/2012/06/reclaimed-wood-top-table.html
reclaimed pallet wood table, diy, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, the top planks had separated
the top planks had separated
reclaimed pallet wood table, diy, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, I should have kept this one
I should have kept this one!
reclaimed pallet wood table, diy, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
Reposhture Studio - Kim

• Shirley Kalinosky

I have one similar to this I found in the house we are moving into. It's also black but with about 4 coats of paint on it. I bought some of that Citrastrip and am going to try and get the paint off and redo it to match our bedroom which is in beiges and blues. Thanks for the inspiration.

• @Shirley Kalinosky Layer on the Citristrip generously and then cover the surfaces with plastic wrap. The longer the stripper stays wet, it is activated. Once dry it stops working so I have used this method in the past to save alot of elbow grease. Good luck!

• Lesleyo

Lovely idea....even staining the wood would be fun but I do like the natural look too..decisions decisions ahhhh....