Mosaic Tile Trivets or Pot Stands

After I had tiled the patio on my shed (see other posts) I had a couple of tiles left. So what to do with them???
I had a couple of tiles left from my patio build (the random pattern ones), plus the guy I bought from gave me the star one as a couple of the stones had split laterally (in case any of the others I had needed repair).
They are approx 30cm square (12 inches Americans!)
I had a few plain tiles from an earlier project (spa pool fountain) that I got from the end of line skip at the local Tile Depot for my favourite price!! (FREE), these are slightly larger (32cm square).
The Mosaic Tiles have a mesh backing holding them together, I removed the laterally split stones on the star shaped one and will reset them later with some tile adhesive behind so they are level.
I turned the plain tiles upside down so the smooth side is outwards.
I mixed up a small amount of tile cement and applied to the bottom of the Mosaic tile.
And stuck one on top of 'tother (x3)
I then ripped down some cedar tongue and groove to put round the edges (the first one I mitred all the corners but it took ages so the other 2 were butt joints)
These were panel pinned together
I fixed the frames around the Mosaic Tiles using a smear of food safe silicon, then infilled the gaps with Pavelock sand (sand and cement mix)
When dry I varnished this ones frame with a polyurethane varnish and stain (the others are au naturel at the moment until I decide if I like them stained)
And so there they are. I am going to get some of those little Scotchgard rubber feet to put on the bottom tomorrow so they don't scratch the kitchen bench.
Total cost for 3 was $24, (if I had to buy everything they would probably be about $20 each)