Mosaic Tile Trivets or Pot Stands

After I had tiled the patio on my shed (see other posts) I had a couple of tiles left. So what to do with them???
I had a couple of tiles left from my patio build (the random pattern ones), plus the guy I bought from gave me the star one as a couple of the stones had split laterally (in case any of the others I had needed repair).
They are approx 30cm square (12 inches Americans!)
I had a few plain tiles from an earlier project (spa pool fountain) that I got from the end of line skip at the local Tile Depot for my favourite price!! (FREE), these are slightly larger (32cm square).
The Mosaic Tiles have a mesh backing holding them together, I removed the laterally split stones on the star shaped one and will reset them later with some tile adhesive behind so they are level.
I turned the plain tiles upside down so the smooth side is outwards.
I mixed up a small amount of tile cement and applied to the bottom of the Mosaic tile.
And stuck one on top of 'tother (x3)
I then ripped down some cedar tongue and groove to put round the edges (the first one I mitred all the corners but it took ages so the other 2 were butt joints)
These were panel pinned together
I fixed the frames around the Mosaic Tiles using a smear of food safe silicon, then infilled the gaps with Pavelock sand (sand and cement mix)
When dry I varnished this ones frame with a polyurethane varnish and stain (the others are au naturel at the moment until I decide if I like them stained)
And so there they are. I am going to get some of those little Scotchgard rubber feet to put on the bottom tomorrow so they don't scratch the kitchen bench.
Total cost for 3 was $24, (if I had to buy everything they would probably be about $20 each)

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels