DIY Summer Beach Vacation Memory Jars

Create stunning coastal summer decor by capturing beach treasures- seashells, sand, etc.- in vintage aqua mason jars. Be sure to hop over to my full blog post for all the "ingredients" I used to create a wild, windswept beach look!
Even though I'm landlocked here in Greenville, South Carolina, I just LOVE the look of coastal cottage decor...so why not make my own?
First, I started with antique aqua mason jars...my favorites are the ones with bubbles in the glass. They look like bubbles in ocean water! But new aqua jars would be just fine, too.
And then, all I needed to do was gather some treasures from the beach! I added a little bit of sand in the bottom of each jar, then I gathered seashells that I had collected from past beach vacations...
And I added some dried grasses/reeds from the craft store- I thought it gave my jars a "windswept beach" look, like a gorgeous sand dune.
I added a few more elements, and then clustered my jars together- ta da! Perfectly easy coastal decor, perfect for summer decorating! Be sure to hop over to my full blog post for all the "ingredients" I used to create a wild, windswept beach look!

• Vintage aqua mason jar  (Antiques shop)
  • Sand  (The beach! (or a gardening store))
  • Seashells, etc.  (Beach (or craft store))

Sadie Seasongoods

• Barb Rosen

Real sweet and beachy! That vintage blue glass gives the whole project a sea glass look!

• Living in Texas, I long to be at the beach. I am totally copying this. Thank you.

• Deborah Feather

@Ruth Bradford ~ Motivation Garden My sister moved from the Northeast to El Paso! The beach is what she longs for in addition to her family.