An Unusual Use for Mason Jars on My French Country Table

I've seen mason jars used for lots of things, but I don't think I've ever quite seen them used in this way before. Can you guess what I'm using this centerpiece for and how it fits into my Country French blue and white tablescape?
an unusual use for mason jars on my french country table, crafts, dining room ideas, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor
Nope, it's not for flowers, not for candles and not for olive oil dipping. But it is for a holiday table setting...
But, let me back up and tell you where the inspiration for this table came from. As with most holidays, I wanted to approach my table from a French Country perspective. I wanted to go casual but pretty, and utilize vintage elements and French inspired components. But this holiday required something on my table that was quite specific.
This is actually my Passover table setting and the mason jars have been recruited to act as my seder plate! Passover is a holiday rich with ritual and the seder is a meal that recounts the story of the Exodus from Egypt. A seder plate is placed on the table with 6 items that are meant to represent the bitterness of bondage. For my Country French table, I chose to forego the traditional plate and DIY my own, using dipping cups mounted on antique blue mason jars, corralled in a vintage milk jar basket.
I used table cards and graphics to label the compartments of the seder plate. I had made these a few years ago for another Passover meal that utilized an unconventional seder plate. (You can see that table by visiting this link: Spring Seder.)
To dress my table, rather than going buttoned up formal, I decided to go somewhat relaxed to capture the spirit of my chosen theme. I started with blue striped tea towels to serve as placements and built my plate stack from there. Silver chargers with ornate edging keep the setting from getting too casual, and they're topped with cream country dinner plates, blue patterned salad plates and my favorite new addition, French themed appetizer plates with charming graphics.
I'm crushing big time on these lush blue goblets and added the extras to my sideboard vignette that complements this table. To see the way the sideboard is styled, you can click here: Sideboard Vignette
The table is peppered with some of my collected silver pieces. A vintage silver toast rack holds the matzah that is eaten with the meal.
The blue hydrangeas are a natural for this theme and they put the finishing touches on my holiday table. For resource information please visit the link below.

Lory @ Designthusiasm