LL Farm
LL Farm
  • Circleville, OH

Farm House Sign (Made From A Piece Of My Great Grandparent's House)

I made this sign with a piece of wood from my Great Grandparent's house. It's my way of preserving a piece of my heritage.
farm house sign made from a piece of my great grandparent s house , crafts, wall decor
Handy Hubby cut the board down using a miter saw. I appreciate how the board is full of loving character - nail holes, grooves, gouges, and dents.
This is my Great Grandparent's farm house where we carefully removed a couple boards. You can read about the house HERE.
Knowing I wanted to use it in our eating nook area, I chose the word GATHER. It' such a powerful word - GATHER 'round the table... GATHER with family... GATHER the harvest. I think the board and word work well together.
Using Microsoft Word, I played around with font styles and sizes until I found one that was a fit for this project. I printed the letters (with spaces between them) onto regular copy paper, cut them out, and spaced them on the board. I taped them into place on the top only.
Under the letters, I inserted transfer paper.
With a pencil I traced the outside of the letters.
Using white craft paint and a small paint brush, I painted in the letters. Because the board is rugged, the painting is not perfect, but that's ok...it adds to the farmhouse character.

LL Farm