Mini Beach Terrarium in Stemless Wine Glass

$7.00
What can you do with a wine glass besides drink wine? I finally thought of something! I've been wanting to make a terrarium for a long time. This little stemless wine goblet turned out to be the best little vessel for a tiny little beach terrarium. I had recently learned about an amazing store nearby called Artemisia, where you can make your own terrarium right there in the store. How cool is that!? I hurried in to get some terrarium supplies and this is what I came up with. More terrariums to come, I'm sure!
A wine glass (stemless in this case) some sand, an easy care air plant and a few fun beachy accessories make the cutest little terrarium!
I love how the itty bitty jewels catch the light and the other objects cast cool shadows.
It has such a fun beach vibe and that plant only needs to be watered every other week. So easy and fun to do!
Sherry C

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 18 comments
  • Juliebd Juliebd on Jul 14, 2016
    PS- if you do 'borrow' a bit of beach sand, its a good idea to boil, rinse and let dry in the sun any sand you take home. That will get rid of salt and and microbes that could smell up your house if you dont clean the sand.
  • Deb11507901 Deb11507901 on Jun 14, 2021

I love this idea I have sand from Florida when I was a teenager like back in 1982. Can't wait to use it for a project like this one the sand I have is white as snow. Sad the sand there no longer looks so white anymore. Thank you for the wonderful idea.

Next