Damask Antique Mirror

Well...this project is proof that they don't all go as planned! I was all geared up to do this amazing antique mirror backsplash in my dining room built in. It started bad when I couldn't find a piece of mirror within my budget. I decided to cut my own...
damask antique mirror, crafts, how to, kitchen design, painting, wall decor
All the wrong details are on the blog, but let's just say I ended up better than I started!!!After earning a lifetime of bad luck, I gave in and finally found the perfect mirror to antique! I used Amy Howard at Home's Antique Mirror solutions for this project, her team was kind enough to give them to me so I could try them out! I've included affiliate links below, in case you want to try this project yourself!They are easy to use and the process is very interesting. You start by stripping the back of REAL mirror. It looks like this in the process...
After getting all the grey back removed you use solution 2 to start a chemical reaction that eats through the silver causing the antique effect.
Next you apply the most gorgeous adhesive stencils I've ever seen! Then spray on more of solution 2, to kind of etch the design in the mirror.
When that's done you paint the back of the mirror (I used black) to seal, protect and help enhance the design. It is such a gorgeous application. I have a ton more tips and step by step photos on the blog. I'd really love for you to head over and check out the details and finished photos! My dining room is coming along, one DIY project at a time! Thanks friends
See that beautiful damask pattern!!!! Here are the affiliate links for the products I used: Amy Howard Antique Mirror Solution 1
Amy Howard Antique Mirror Solution 2

• Amy Howard at Home Antique Mirror Stripper Solution 1
  • Amy Howard at Home Antique Mirror Solution 2
Hunt & Host: Decorating & DIY

• Mary Cadwallader

I love the mirror. I have bookcase room divider that needs something special, this is wonderful --- I want to know about the tea/coffee server, if you'd be so kind...It appears to be worn silver-plate, did you do anything special to get that beautiful color? Did you seal it?

• Mary Cadwallader

Thank you. I love the patina on it. Most of the ones I see are dark, guess I'll keep looking.

• Pamela Peterson

Its absolutely beatiful. Thank you.

• Mary

I would love to try this but these advertisements kept flashing right where I needed to see the pictures and read where to find the info. Pinterest is really getting difficult to use becuase of this