Amber
Amber
  • Sequim, WA

70's Set to Outdoor Beauty!

I purchased a 70's velour couch, table and chair set, and re-painted, and upholstered everything to make a very heavy, sturdy, comfortable sitting area for my back deck.
Enjoy
Furniture as purchased
Furniture as purchased
Painted and Upolstered!
Painted and Upolstered!
So comfy...
So comfy...
New and Fresh!
New and Fresh!

• Candice Kopp

Beautiful Job :) Could you please tell me what paint you used so the furniture can endure the weather? Since the furniture is so heavy I will not be able to store them inside during the winter or during storms.

• Shanna

I just bought a set exactly like this. What paint did you use. Mine doesn't have cushions. I'm thinking about using outdoor square cushions.????

• Ann8892731

I would love to find a set. My husband and I started out with this exact set and gave it away!I am desperate to find another!!!!! Any ideas.... I live in Richmond, VA You inspired me!!!! Thank you! I wish I had another set!!! :(

• Cti9143921

Aren't the cushions made from that foam stuff? How did your protect them?

• TMP

Just cover cushions with outdoor fabric, and be sure to put them away for the rainy season. I also cover the wood frames for winter.

• Jeanette Bartle Farraway

I have a chesterfield and chair, how much could I sell it for?

• Rit10991263

How or what did you use to protect the wood from moisture?

• Jeanine

I don't know what the author used . I live in Florida and have used a water sealant like Thompsons or a marine wax in the past. I hope that helps.

• Rit10991263

Thank you Jeanine!!

• Nancy Haas Parker

Spar Varnish is the sealer used for wooden boats, but there's many different products that would work & look great.
  • Beth Strickland

Do you know the manufacture of this furniture? I've been looking for this same set with the "x" pattern on the sides.
  • Beth Strickland

I'm curious who the manufacture of this furniture is? I've been looking for this same set with the "x" pattern on the sides of the rocker and sofa. Would love to know who made this back in the 70s
    • Nancy Haas Parker

They were sold under many, many names. With 2x4's you can make your own X's. If you take a chair with you to Home Depot, Lowes, & most lumber stores they'll even cut the boards for you. Then just use the first ones as templates for more.
    • Felecia Johnson

Winston Furniture in Belmont MS and Haleyville AL made this stuff...
  • Darlene

I'm new to furniture cushion covers. How much fabric did you use?
  • Mic28427152

How did you weatherproof the wood?
    • Tri24961412

If your deck is covered you can just use outdoor paint. If not, several coats of marine varnish works great. I've tried other outdoor varnishes, but they only last a year 2 at best.
  • Lenora

Love this! Did you have to replace cushions or were they in decent shape?
  • Sue

I primed & painted an old table with outdoor paint but it completely came apart. How can I tell if the furniture will stand up to outdoor weather

• Margaret Partsch-Gonzalez

Does any one have the table and end tables that are willing to sell preferably before you paint it or painted thanks

• Kg.33549231

Possibly

• LINDA

GOSH!! Check out CRAIGSLIST.org where ever you live in the US...or OFFERUP.COM or check out your local GOODWILL or SALVATION ARMY or DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Store....loads of great furniture pieces waiting to get a "makeover" for a super low prices!!! Hope this helps you find your special piece/s!!!

• Melissa

Ok so I have the chair that's pictured in this set, does anyone know what the value of one of them would be?

• Judy McCormick Obptande

I already dif but i sanded then burnt the wood with the torch then used weather sealant thompsonville i think i did it to sell but i ended up keeping the chairs myself under s can apy but now i have an order for a couch and chair and they are completed but that white one you showed i love it change completly cushions in good shape so i bought tableclothes and used them over the curtains so they are water rexistant so that way dont have to carry in every night

• Anita

I have the an identical set (minus the table) in our cabin up north. I was supposed to make new cushions before our next trip up, but I forgot my notes on the seat dimensions up at the cabin  . Would you mind sending me the cushion measurements so I can get hopefully get my project under way before our 4th of July trip. I'm trying to remember if it was 23 x 24 x 4 or 24 x 24 x 4 or something like that. AND, I'm trying to remember if the back cushion is as thick as the seat or if it was shallower (3 inches instead of 4)