70's Set to Outdoor Beauty!

I purchased a 70's velour couch, table and chair set, and re-painted, and upholstered everything to make a very heavy, sturdy, comfortable sitting area for my back deck.
Enjoy
Furniture as purchased
Painted and Upolstered!
So comfy...
New and Fresh!

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants

• Candice Kopp

Beautiful Job :) Could you please tell me what paint you used so the furniture can endure the weather? Since the furniture is so heavy I will not be able to store them inside during the winter or during storms.

• Shanna

I just bought a set exactly like this. What paint did you use. Mine doesn't have cushions. I'm thinking about using outdoor square cushions.????

• Ann8892731

I would love to find a set. My husband and I started out with this exact set and gave it away!I am desperate to find another!!!!! Any ideas.... I live in Richmond, VA You inspired me!!!! Thank you! I wish I had another set!!! :(

• Cti9143921

Aren't the cushions made from that foam stuff? How did your protect them?

• TMP

Just cover cushions with outdoor fabric, and be sure to put them away for the rainy season. I also cover the wood frames for winter.

• Jeanette Bartle Farraway

I have a chesterfield and chair, how much could I sell it for?

• Rit10991263

How or what did you use to protect the wood from moisture?

• Jeanine

I don't know what the author used . I live in Florida and have used a water sealant like Thompsons or a marine wax in the past. I hope that helps.

• Rit10991263

Thank you Jeanine!!

• Nancy Haas Parker

Spar Varnish is the sealer used for wooden boats, but there's many different products that would work & look great.
  • Beth Strickland

Do you know the manufacture of this furniture? I've been looking for this same set with the "x" pattern on the sides.
  • Beth Strickland

I'm curious who the manufacture of this furniture is? I've been looking for this same set with the "x" pattern on the sides of the rocker and sofa. Would love to know who made this back in the 70s
    • Nancy Haas Parker

They were sold under many, many names. With 2x4's you can make your own X's. If you take a chair with you to Home Depot, Lowes, & most lumber stores they'll even cut the boards for you. Then just use the first ones as templates for more.
    • Felecia Johnson

Winston Furniture in Belmont MS and Haleyville AL made this stuff...
  • Darlene

I'm new to furniture cushion covers. How much fabric did you use?
  • Michele

How did you weatherproof the wood?
    • Tri24961412

If your deck is covered you can just use outdoor paint. If not, several coats of marine varnish works great. I've tried other outdoor varnishes, but they only last a year 2 at best.
  • Lenora

Love this! Did you have to replace cushions or were they in decent shape?
  • Sue

I primed & painted an old table with outdoor paint but it completely came apart. How can I tell if the furniture will stand up to outdoor weather

• Margaret Partsch-Gonzalez

Does any one have the table and end tables that are willing to sell preferably before you paint it or painted thanks

• Kg.33549231

Possibly

• LINDA

GOSH!! Check out CRAIGSLIST.org where ever you live in the US...or OFFERUP.COM or check out your local GOODWILL or SALVATION ARMY or DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Store....loads of great furniture pieces waiting to get a "makeover" for a super low prices!!! Hope this helps you find your special piece/s!!!

• Melissa

Ok so I have the chair that's pictured in this set, does anyone know what the value of one of them would be?

• Maryann

How would you fix a plastic woven outdoor set where the woven stuff is coming apart

• Mary Walsh

myself I would strip off the plastic and get macrame cord and weave a pattern onto the chair. Have done this with many chairs and they last till the frame falls apart

• Dawn Fate

Tell me how to do this project please I have 2 chairs and love seat

• Ashley

How many yards of fabric did you use to redo the cushions?

• Marcelle

is there a video or step by step instructions on this project?

• Mikkala

I have a chair that is almost identical to your set the sides are different and the print on cushions are a little different. Do you know if they are worth anything your the first person I've seen with one close to mine

• Thalisa

Are the cushions slip coverd ? Luv this idea for an set something similar but the cushions are too warned out, belonged to my mom just can’t let go, So this gives me hope

• Toni Castellano

I have the same set myself as indoor porch furniture. I've recovered the furniture and thought about painting the wood. I was wondering did you have to strip the wood and sand it or did you just rough sand it to get the paint to stick?

• Tammy Gras

Toni, I would paint with chalk paint and wax it good. The wax has a chemical reaction with the paint making it really strong & durable. No need for striping/sanding before! I would just wipe down all the wood with a damp cloth. Paint with chalk paint...a couple of coats. Then once dry, lighty sand with fine sandpaper, wipe away any dust and wax, buff and wax again. Very easy process. Good luck!

• Stacie M Anderson

This idea came to me months ago while I was thinking about my grandparents & the set of wood furniture they had in their downstairs family-room! I've been patiently hoping to see one of these sets for sale at some point 😊. Cool to see someone else had the same idea! Love it! I'd really like to know how this person reupholstered the cushions (with outdoor safe fabric of course). I've never recovered cushions like these before...any hints, shortcuts, etc would be appreciated 😊