Watering Can Yard Decor

$2

Make a simple watering can decoration for your yard or garden.

You'll need a watering can, a yard stake (mine came from the Dollar Tree), and some beads. My beads actually were to decorate a vase and I believe I got these at Walmart. You can easily make your bead string.

I used a metal metal connector to attach the beads to the watering can spout. The metal connector looked like a keychain and I just opened it up and stuck one side end in one hole and the other side end in another hole.

I put my yard stake out in my yard, and simply hung the watering can on it.

I'm planning on putting this in my flower bed. My flowers are just starting to grow back this year.

Here are a couple photos from a distance. The stake disappears and it looks like the can is floating. I added a windmill flower and solar flower below the can - thanks to a fellow Hometalker's tip.

Stake is 3 feet & the watering can is 8 inches.

I'll be making this and more on my next Hometalk Facebook Live, Tuesday, March 14th at 7pm EST. Hope to see you there!
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Yard Stake  (Dollar Tree)
  • Watering Can  (Target)
  • Beads  (Walmart)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Brooke C. Riedel

I have also made this, and uses the metal clipped bead string, my metal clips rusted badly and now the beads are brown from it. How did you prevent yours from rusting?

• Edie Zsuzsics

Try re-stringing them with nylon fishing line and tying or gluing the line inside the spout.

• Barbara P Stewart

Not a question but an answer for author. The bowl she was wanting information on that has the saucer attached.

I received one of these as a wedding gift in 1969 and I was told that it is a Paul Revere bowl. I am from the South and my new husband was from Philadelphia. He knew exactly was it was.
  • Steph

Hi! Cool idea! For the watering can, what do you do when the watering can fills up w rainwater? Can you drill holes in the base were it makes the "v"? If not, seems it would pretty heavy. Thank you