Raised Coffee Pot Planters for the Junk Garden

I have planted summer annuals in coffee pots and teapots for years! Old enamelware or aluminum coffee pots make great planters. In my quest to add whimsy and vertical interest to my junk gardens, I got the idea to add raised coffee pot planters to a barrel planter, along with an Old Sign Stencils coffee themed stenciled barn wood sign.
My newly planted annuals in coffee pot planters!
I purchased very rough wood garden stakes from a local box store.
I attached the wooden stakes to the bottom of my coffee pots and stained them with a homemade stain. See more details on my blog.
I planted the barrel with bacopa, red zonal geraniums, and asparagus ferns.
The finishing touch was a fun coffee sign, stenciled on barn wood with a Funky Junk Interiors Old Sign Stencils collection coffee stencil! Just plain FUN!

Organized Clutter

• Bon6808115

Please answer the question about attaching stakes to coffee pots, rather than refer to a blog post. Some of us view from a mobile phone and have difficulty accessing other sites.

• Candy Boydston-Horton

How do you keep them from getting to hot and drying out?

• Joanie

My Pot is the one on the right end..........however, I want to use the guts, the pot I store my coffee in and display it, as a coffee holder......:))

• Vicky L Hamblin

Did you drill holes in bottoms for drainage?

• Celia Stabler Vencil

The third photo shows the stake being attached and the holes drilled in the bottom of the white pot.

• Linda Abate

I love seeing how creative people can be by using things that can be found around the house that would wind up in the landfill. Such a cute way of displaying your plants and showing off some of your worn teapots/teakettles. Perhaps some that belonged to your grandma or found at a flea market. Love your idea.
  • Erica Smith

I L♥️VE all of your ideas and gardens so much!!!! I've followed your blog for a few years and have always loved everything! My kinda place after My own heart! Love to repurp junk and the more primitive/colonial/country it is the better I love it!!!! Your front bed is gorgeous! Thanks for always listing the names of flowers!!! Helps Me out a lot. I've just started My Homestead and making permanent raised bed. Yours was the 1st I sought out!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

*Blessings*

Erica