Dolly Sarrio
Dolly Sarrio
  • Timmonsville, SC

Hibiscus for Hibiscus House

Today sharing the little Hibiscus for Summer. These little annual plants will brighten the front entrance for a short while. I've tried to plant the perennial versions but have had no success, so for now this is the way I'll have them here.
hibiscus for hibiscus house, flowers, gardening, hibiscus, outdoor living, porches
I have yet to be able to have a perennial Hibiscus to survive for very long out here. I'm not quite sure as to why, but until I do I'll continue to enjoy the annuals in pots. They do make a good show don't they?
Look at the wet bloom and the butterfly enjoying it! I may just have to paint this it is calling for that, even though I may not be an expert painter I think I'll give this a shot.
It is pretty isn't it?
Mama loved to garden so much and it made her smile to take us on a tour of her gardens when we would go over to see her. Such fond memories they are too!
Look at this adorable rooster. He was given to me by a friend who said they were going to throw it away but she stopped them. I'm so glad that she did because she knew I'd love him and I do! He makes a good show here beside the Hibiscus doesn't he?
Mama always taught us to make our garden base perennial. She would say quit spending all of your money on annuals for instant gratification. Add some of those into your gardens but make the most of it perennial! That will come back and multiply years from now and you be sure to share some of them with others so that they can have a beautiful base for their gardens.
Oh and also make sure you have evergreens in that base planting for sure.
She did love her annual zinnas and others for cutting and extra color.
I try to make sure to have a few but when I do I want them to make a beautiful statement!
Grandmother always said I want to tell you to grow more from seeds as well that will give you a bountiful healthy crop of flowers and you will know you've grown them from seed and such a price cut.
Container gardening makes for beauty in any setting. No spot to plant in the ground put into pots! Live in an apartment with a sunny window plant in a container, Do you have a balcony? Container planting can be a joy for you! Whatever you do enjoy growing flowers and vegetables!
To see more pics and visit me at Hibiscus House online click link below!

Dolly Sarrio

• Hillela G.

So beautiful. I love the pic with the butterfly.!

• Judithcausey

Are those "Tango"? I had them last year & the year before. Love the color. I overwinter my hibiscus plants by bringing them in in the container (or transplant to different container) & cut back to 6". Water as needed as house is hot & dry. Sunny window or no window, they will be fine next year.

, Variegated leaves hibiscus
    • Dolly Sarrio

I don't know but what a beauty in your picture! Thanks for the tips ! That may give me more Hibiscus Bloom for next year!