Fourth of July Rag Flag Window

4K Views
So I'm a little bit of a procrastinator, but technically my project was finished just in time for the 4th of July, even if it was the morning of!
Using one of my old window frames, I measured and stapled in 13 jute strings across the back. Next, I cut several strips of red, white and blue fabric and tied it onto the string to create a US flag. I added 50 stars.. yep, all 50, and then created a cute banner to go across the top.
It may be last minute, but I think it turned out great! What do you think?
  • fourth of july rag flag window, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Here is the finished Rag Flag
Here is the finished Rag Flag!
  • fourth of july rag flag window, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, After measuring out 13 lines I used a staple gun to string across 13 jute strings
After measuring out 13 lines, I used a staple gun to string across 13 jute strings.
  • fourth of july rag flag window, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Next I tied the blue strips onto the string and added 50 stars Yep count them there are 50
Next, I tied the blue strips onto the string and added 50 stars! Yep.. count them.. there are 50!
  • fourth of july rag flag window, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Then I tied red and white fabric strips to the sting
Then, I tied red and white fabric strips to the sting.
  • fourth of july rag flag window, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, I created a cute banner to go across the top using my Silhouette machine
I created a cute banner to go across the top using my Silhouette machine.
  • fourth of july rag flag window, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, My finished flag Ready to welcome our 4th of July guests
My finished flag! Ready to welcome our 4th of July guests.

Suggested materials for this project:

Claire @ The Rustic Pig

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question