Mary B
Mary B
  • Excelsior, MN

You Can Make a Fairy Garden Cottage Out of a Stump!

An old stump and some ingenuity is all you need to turn an old stump into a charming focal point for your Fairy Garden!
you can make a fairy garden cottage out of a stump, crafts, gardening
If you have a woodpile....you probably can find a good stump for the project.
Use a log that has been chopped so that it looks like a roof!
Get out your glue gun and start gluing on pieces of bark for "shingles".
Steal a few windows from the kids LEGO stash....
Then go to town with moss, plants and rocks....
Mary B

• Cathy Sohre

Do you leave it out year round? I live in MN and am curious if it would hold up to the winter elements.

• Isabelle

I would put a waste bucket over it. I live in Wisconsin. I know what you mean.

• The13363824

I love your fairy garden, but just wondering for your safety, is that poison ivy growing.....IT SURE LOOKS like it! Heart shaped leaves?????????

• Thelma

Poison Ivy is a vining plant that has a 'set' of 3 leaves on it; hence the rhyme: Leaves of 3, leave it be! The plants around the stump in the picture are Hostas.

• Susan Daugherty

How about asking your neighbor to keep their cats and dogs out of your yard. Otherwise I would suggest getting a plastic carpet runner with those poking things on the underside and turning it bottom up and using it as a base. And poke some holes in it so the water go through. Just don’t put too much dirt on it. I have an cat that likes to get it in to certain kind of plants so I set the plants on the plastic runners with the bottom facing up. It is totally unsafe to let your cats and dogs out without an enclosure.

• The13363824

I'm gonna try to make this for my grandbabies!! They will enjoy it!! Get them into pretending and stayin' kidz longer. They love it outside. My d.i.law doesn't want them doin' t.v. ALL the time, with the games and etc. I love yours with the stump....thank you....Happy Mom's day!!