Tea Pot Bird Bath

I'm creating a Mad Hatter inspired garden, so I'll need lots of tea themed decor.
As a child, i loved the Disney movie "Alice in Wonderland". The idea of stumbling into an "un-birthday" party in the woods was enchanting. Now that I have my own garden, I'm dreaming of creating my own little space where my children and I can have parties and celebrate un-holidays together.
My first project: this tea party themed bird bath!
http://www.morenascorner.com/2013/07/diy-tea-pot-bird-bath.html
I even thought about making it into a side table, but I didn't find a large enough "top".
I found all the pieces I needed at Goodwill. I used Gorilla Glue to hold it all together, and finished it with Krylon in Celery.
It could hold bird seed as well, or would even make a cute plant stand.
Here's the first bird feeder to go with the bird bath. http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2013/07/tutorial-tea-cup-bird-feeder/

Morena Hockley

• Anna Gregg

Hi It's Anna again, thanks for the info about the glue. Now on the same project, I had painted some of my pieces blue and most of it peeled off in the hot sun. What did you do to make the paint stay? Did you sand the pieces, some of mine have a shiny finish. I'd really like to make this work this time. Your finished piece looks fabulous! Thanks for any answers I receive.

• Morena Hockley

I sprayed on an adhesion promoter first. You can find it with automotive paint products! It helps paint adhere to slick surfaces. My paint has started to chip in places, but that is after 3 years in the hot Texas sun. Make sure you use a multi-surface spray paint, too!

• Lea Shortlidge

How tall is your tea-pot bird bath? Lea Shortlidge,

• CJ

so pretty. how to keep from falling over in wind?

• Mommz

you could try putting sand or gravel in the teapot and/or upright cups to make it heavier.

• DebWor

Morena now she is thinking about putting faces on them. I told her maybe on something else but this will be one color and no faces lol. She said can we have make a Mad Hatter? Oh god save me. I created a monster.😄😄😄

• Tanya German

I love Alice and Wonderland! I was working on a wine glass with Alice and Wonderland theme when I saw this ❤️