Grace
Grace
  • Lexington, KY

Making a Summer Wreath

$15.00

It was one of those days today when you have millions of things to do, but this itch comes over you when you have to have that quick "crafty/creativity/gotta finish that project you've been thinking of" fix. It had to be done, nod.....
This is it! :)
This is it! :)
Valerie suggested that I began my post with the finished project picture.
I appreciated he suggestion.
making a summer wreath from my collection, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
I've been wanting to make a summer wreath(thanks to "What Meegan Makes" who gave me that wreath making bug, lol!). I also have been doing some research on Pinterest to get some ideas that suit my decor taste. I have had that shell for the longest time and when I was cleaning the clutters in my house, I began to find everything I needed including that pearlie marbles.
I gathered up everything I needed. I can't even remember where I got those gorgeous seashell collection and that is not even everything I have. I have been buying star fish and that fishing net one by one with a 40% coupon at Hobby Lobby. I also have a real sea glass collection, some of them are given to me by my oldest child, but I do not have a heart to glue them to something or somewhere. I just like them in a bottle on my kitchen window sill. The sea glass I used here are a store bought with a coupon from Michael's.
I laid some seashells. I just wanted a simple look. I thought what I did was just right, no more, no less. :)
added some sea glass
added some sea glass
and then the seashell with pearls.
and then the seashell with pearls.
How an earth did we get things done when we didn't have smart phones, tsk. I took everything off with confidence because I took a pic on my phone, hehe, and then I wrapped the fishing net around the wreath. I secured the back by using the wire that was already on the wreath and used a bit of hot glue.
When it was done I had to decide which ribbon tape I wanted to use. I kinda liked the burlap one, but decided to double up 2 ribbon tapes and settled with it. I know some of you will say you like it with the burlap tape. ;P
Here is the finished project.
Welcome Summer! Just don't be too harsh on us.

• Star Fish  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Fishing net  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Sea Glass  (Michael's)

• Patricia

Lovely... definitely want to make one for my door.

• Erica Ray

Beautiful , love the blue sparkle ribbon, would of like more sea glass for color , Great Job very inspiring

• Grace

Thank you so much! I was so busy this summer that I didn't even get to display this wreath! You are so kind. Thanks again!