Bombe night stand transformation.
Time: 3 Days Cost: $40 Difficulty: Medium
These were a score, $20 for the pair. They were in awful shape though. It's hard to tell from the picture but the right one is missing a chunk out of the side and a piece of the left one was broken off and is sitting on the top.
The top of each one has a particle board section in the middle. Both tips were severely water damaged.
I chiseled out the damaged particle board to make space for a new top!
My friends at Lowe's cut new tops to the measurements I gave them. There was a lot more repair work to be done!
I used Quikwood to rebuild the pice that was missing from the front and used wood glue to re attach the broken piece from the top. The piece was so rough with repairs everywhere that staining wasn't an option.
After priming it I painted it out with some left over paint I had in the garage. It looked great, but felt like it was missing something...
So I decided to add a stencil to it.
After it was all stenciled out I wanted to highlight all of the details by adding an antiquing wax.
I love how they turned out. A major change from the shape they were in.