From $750 to $1.67... the travel trailer door fix. And a lesson.

This post is indeed about how I fixed a travel trailer door and saved $750! But... it comes with a much bigger message.
If you tend to be a little gun shy where new things are concerned, this story is a must read for you!
It's never a good day when you want to go camping but a chunk of wood falls out of your door! Oh no... rotten.
The door HAD to come off and I had to investigate what the issue was, or spend $750. So I killed my trailer. :)
Taking apart something you've never done before is downright scary! But... remember, just work backwards to a build. Start by unscrewing the latches. Easy!
A $1.67 chunk of wood was the fix! I removed the rotten wood and picked up a ready made chunk of wood that fit nearly perfectly!
But not without a little muscle and a few power tools. This belt sander nearly did the trick but I ended up needing a wood planer to shave down the wood to the perfect size.
The wood then slipped in, and the moulding slipped into place. Done!
It was helpful to have a 2nd set of hands. My buddy Otto held the door while I reattached everything.
The peanut gallery was in an uproar... "BRAVO! BRAVO!!!! You did it!!!!" *sniff*
I indeed saved $750 by fixing this guy myself... BUT THIS is why it was worth going for it. The feeling of accomplishment is like no other.
So did we go camping? You better believe it!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna