From $750 to $1.67... the travel trailer door fix. And a lesson.

This post is indeed about how I fixed a travel trailer door and saved $750! But... it comes with a much bigger message.
If you tend to be a little gun shy where new things are concerned, this story is a must read for you!
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, It s never a good day when you want to go camping but a chunk of wood falls out of your door Oh no rotten
It's never a good day when you want to go camping but a chunk of wood falls out of your door! Oh no... rotten.
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, The door HAD to come off and I had to investigate what the issue was or spend 750 So I killed my trailer
The door HAD to come off and I had to investigate what the issue was, or spend $750. So I killed my trailer. :)
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, Taking apart something you ve never done before is downright scary But remember just work backwards to a build Start by unscrewing the latches Easy
Taking apart something you've never done before is downright scary! But... remember, just work backwards to a build. Start by unscrewing the latches. Easy!
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, A 1 67 chunk of wood was the fix I removed the rotten wood and picked up a ready made chunk of wood that fit nearly perfectly
A $1.67 chunk of wood was the fix! I removed the rotten wood and picked up a ready made chunk of wood that fit nearly perfectly!
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, But not without a little muscle and a few power tools This belt sander nearly did the trick but I ended up needing a wood planer to shave down the wood to the perfect size
But not without a little muscle and a few power tools. This belt sander nearly did the trick but I ended up needing a wood planer to shave down the wood to the perfect size.
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, The wood then slipped in and the moulding slipped into place Done
The wood then slipped in, and the moulding slipped into place. Done!
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, It was helpful to have a 2nd set of hands My buddy Otto held the door while I reattached everything
It was helpful to have a 2nd set of hands. My buddy Otto held the door while I reattached everything.
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, The peanut gallery was in an uproar BRAVO BRAVO You did it sniff
The peanut gallery was in an uproar... "BRAVO! BRAVO!!!! You did it!!!!" *sniff*
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, I indeed saved 750 by fixing this guy myself BUT THIS is why it was worth going for it The feeling of accomplishment is like no other
I indeed saved $750 by fixing this guy myself... BUT THIS is why it was worth going for it. The feeling of accomplishment is like no other.
the 1 67 travel trailer door fix and a lesson, doors, home maintenance repairs, how to, So did we go camping You better believe it
So did we go camping? You better believe it!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna