Rake Head Bird Or Butterfly Feeder...

Let's create a rustic upcycled bird (or butterfly) feeder out of an old rake head.
rake head bird or butterfly feeder , animals, gardening, how to, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
You can find old rake heads in goodwill stores or yard sales...
After giving the rake a wash in water, use two large staple nails to attach to the top of the fence. The rake was a perfect fit between the pickets.
Add your fruit. I used tangelos as we have an enormous tree of this fruit.
Then sit with your cup of tea and watch... as the feathered friends enjoy.
These wee wax eye birds were ever so grateful to see this new feeding station , as it is mid winter here, and food is becoming scarce for them.
Tracey Lee @ Mia Bella Passions

• Rj Levesque Jr

What about ants?

• Renata

Do all birds like citrus? Love this idea and I have birds but no idea what they all are, cept the big black ones, think they're crows.

• Joan

If you live in an apartment I would not feed the birds. Feeding birds leads to more birds and if you move who will feed the expanded population?

• Joan

That's adorable, thanks for thinking of the little birds

• Diana Wearing

Great idea! Love feeding the birds :-)