Shower Curtains Are Not Just For Showers!

$100

I wanted my bathroom to be magical. Why not? I wanted to find some art that swept you away into another place when you entered my bathroom, something that was large but not overwhelming. After all it's just a little bathroom...everyone has them and I wanted mine to be remembered.

shower curtains are not just for showers , bathroom ideas, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling, small bathroom ideas

My main floor bathroom has been left out compared to the rest of the house! It has no theme and a bunch of random decor gets thrown into it. Sad. Here my husband is measuring the wall so I know what dimensions I'm working with and how big of an image I can fit on the wall.

I started my search for art. I found wall paper but I just know my patience level can't handle that. Then I thought, what is like an art print but comes in a giant size, and cost's no more then $100? So I punched in shower curtains on line.... I found a polyester shower curtain and I instantly knew it was made for me and my half bathroom and a whopping $68 usa. Being in Canada and adding 30% more for the exchange still makes it under $100 and for an art piece that size I won't find a better deal. I ordered it! (source on my blog) I now needed a huge frame so I had my husband cut some casing for me in the shape of a picture frame. I am an artist who has a studio at home and I have amazing products on hand at every moment. I grabbed my Fusion Mineral Paint soft gold metallic and got painting the frame.

We then layed out the shower curtain and upholstery stapled it to the top frame piece so we had a starting point when we hang it on the wall. I folded the sides in to make it more proportional on the wall.

Once we nailed the initial piece of frame to the wall we carried on adding the frame and pulled the curtain tight as we continued to nail it to the wall until the frame was complete.

Oh My Goodness it's turning out just like it did in my head!! I added some small Whimsical decor items and BAM done! I wanted it to look like a giant framed art piece that sweeps you away if even for a moment!

This small marble top table was found at the thrift store. The swan and her pearls is a piece I've had for years!

I love the flowers and the airy little shelf.

Here is a closer shot of the print. So romantic. I love the lanterns coming out of the castle at night but I super love the little couple in the boat! This curtain is polyester and water proof.

Here is the before & after photo...

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 13, 2018 10:16 PM - More info
Ava Blake Creations

• Ahi33898443

Years ago a friend needed a quick temporary fix for her bathroom where she was renting. We couldn’t paint or wallpaper, but a nice printed shower curtain and a stapler gun worked wonders to hide and transform the ugly wall for her visiting family from out of town. They never knew and thought her bathroom looked lovely ! 🌸

• Teresa Bozeman

Love the idea but nailing to the wall seems so permanent. I plan to do this however will use a thin sheet of plywood or luan underlayment for the backing so that I can easily take it down if needed and will require fewer holes in the wall.