Shower Curtains Are Not Just For Showers!

$100

I wanted my bathroom to be magical. Why not? I wanted to find some art that swept you away into another place when you entered my bathroom, something that was large but not overwhelming. After all it's just a little bathroom...everyone has them and I wanted mine to be remembered.

My main floor bathroom has been left out compared to the rest of the house! It has no theme and a bunch of random decor gets thrown into it. Sad. Here my husband is measuring the wall so I know what dimensions I'm working with and how big of an image I can fit on the wall.

I started my search for art. I found wall paper but I just know my patience level can't handle that. Then I thought, what is like an art print but comes in a giant size, and cost's no more then $100? So I punched in shower curtains on line.... I found a polyester shower curtain and I instantly knew it was made for me and my half bathroom and a whopping $68 usa. Being in Canada and adding 30% more for the exchange still makes it under $100 and for an art piece that size I won't find a better deal. I ordered it! (source on my blog) I now needed a huge frame so I had my husband cut some casing for me in the shape of a picture frame. I am an artist who has a studio at home and I have amazing products on hand at every moment. I grabbed my Fusion Mineral Paint soft gold metallic and got painting the frame.

We then layed out the shower curtain and upholstery stapled it to the top frame piece so we had a starting point when we hang it on the wall. I folded the sides in to make it more proportional on the wall.

Once we nailed the initial piece of frame to the wall we carried on adding the frame and pulled the curtain tight as we continued to nail it to the wall until the frame was complete.

Oh My Goodness it's turning out just like it did in my head!! I added some small Whimsical decor items and BAM done! I wanted it to look like a giant framed art piece that sweeps you away if even for a moment!

This small marble top table was found at the thrift store. The swan and her pearls is a piece I've had for years!

I love the flowers and the airy little shelf.

Here is a closer shot of the print. So romantic. I love the lanterns coming out of the castle at night but I super love the little couple in the boat! This curtain is polyester and water proof.

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Ava Blake Creations

• Loretta Champagne
    Loretta Champagne

Stunning idea! I have painted lovely murals in the past but Arthritis wont allow me do be so artistic any longer, alas. This is brilliant. I was planning on doing several small paintings on canvas for my Bath but this is much better and less painful. I think I may use it as a shower curtain and place another rod above it close to the ceiling for a fabric framing piece. Long flowing fabric on the sides with a valance length across the whole top. Wouldn't have a bottom frame but it may work. What do you guys think?

• Shelley
    Shelley

it Would be cool to add little fairy lights up in those stars if you could figure out how to do it? They would act like a night light also. Nice job.

• Jroeber
    Jroeber

I like the print that you have. Where can I find that one