How to Paint Stripes on Curtains

I had trouble finding cute curtains for our bedroom that were long enough. So, I bought some plain 95 inch long curtains at Ikea and painted stripes on them. It was simple but took some time. I love the results. To see more info, go here: http://the2seasons.com/2013/07/29/how-to-customize-standard-curtains/
It's hard to believe these curtains were plain white when I bought them. With some measuring, taping, and painting, I created these great panels.
The hardest part of the project was making sure the lines were evenly spaced. I learned a great tip that helped a lot.
I painted Mod Podge along the edges of the tape to seal the edges and keep the paint from getting under the tape.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
The 2 Seasons

• Barbara

Really cool idea
    thanks
  • Tika

I tried this method Including Mdoge Podge. The whole project did not go well but I'm going forward with the other curtains. However, I will not be using Modge Podge. What I found was the paint dried lighter on the area of Modge Podge. I had to wash the curtain and now the Modge Podge is gone with the paint and I'll have to paint these areas again which will be the third time. I may just chuck this curtain and get another. I'm hoping I can get the same color as this is a drop cloth and aren't easily matched even using the same codes on the package.