How to Paint Stripes on Curtains

I had trouble finding cute curtains for our bedroom that were long enough. So, I bought some plain 95 inch long curtains at Ikea and painted stripes on them. It was simple but took some time. I love the results. To see more info, go here: http://the2seasons.com/2013/07/29/how-to-customize-standard-curtains/
It's hard to believe these curtains were plain white when I bought them.  With some measuring, taping, and painting, I created these great panels.
It's hard to believe these curtains were plain white when I bought them. With some measuring, taping, and painting, I created these great panels.
The hardest part of the project was making sure the lines were evenly spaced.  I learned a great tip that helped a lot.
The hardest part of the project was making sure the lines were evenly spaced. I learned a great tip that helped a lot.
I painted Mod Podge along the edges of the tape to seal the edges and keep the paint from getting under the tape.
The 2 Seasons

• Barbara

Really cool idea
    thanks
  • Tika

I tried this method Including Mdoge Podge. The whole project did not go well but I'm going forward with the other curtains. However, I will not be using Modge Podge. What I found was the paint dried lighter on the area of Modge Podge. I had to wash the curtain and now the Modge Podge is gone with the paint and I'll have to paint these areas again which will be the third time. I may just chuck this curtain and get another. I'm hoping I can get the same color as this is a drop cloth and aren't easily matched even using the same codes on the package.