How to Clean the Plastic Strip at the Bottom of a Glass Shower Door

Before selling our home, I started cleaning every area like crazy! It was part of my normal routine to clean the shower, but the plastic strip at the bottom of the door had not been touched. Here is the best way I found to clean this overlooked area and make it look brand new!
how to clean the plastic strip at the bottom of a glass shower door, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, The glass was clean But there was soap scum and buildup underneath and on the plastic strip
The glass was clean. But there was soap scum and buildup underneath and on the plastic strip.
how to clean the plastic strip at the bottom of a glass shower door, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, Here s a close up of the built up grime Gross I know
Here's a close up of the built up grime. (Gross! I know!)
how to clean the plastic strip at the bottom of a glass shower door, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, It was super super easy to remove plastic strip I just had to grab one end and pull down I did have to use a little muscle and tug quite a bit so keep that in mind if you try it
It was super, super easy to remove plastic strip. I just had to grab one end and pull down. I did have to use a little muscle and tug quite a bit, so keep that in mind if you try it.
how to clean the plastic strip at the bottom of a glass shower door, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, I stuck the plastic strip in the tub sprayed a few squirts of cleaner on it and scrubbed like crazy with a hard bristled cleaning brush Then rinsed and repeated Twice
I stuck the plastic strip in the tub, sprayed a few squirts of cleaner on it, and scrubbed like crazy with a hard-bristled cleaning brush. Then rinsed and repeated. Twice!
how to clean the plastic strip at the bottom of a glass shower door, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, Since the plastic strip was removed I took a minute to scrub the entire glass door all the way to the bottom Then replaced the strip Easy Peasy And almost new
Since the plastic strip was removed, I took a minute to scrub the entire glass door...all the way to the bottom. Then replaced the strip. Easy. Peasy. And almost new!!
Christine (iDreamofClean)

• Shirley

Just was cleaning mine the other day. got it good and clean but it has also yellowed! Any advice other than to replace?

• Maggie

Mine has little pink stains. I'm not sure if this is caused by a cleaning detergent or when I rinse my hair dye 😟. Any advice please.

• Dlbouldin

I use the thick toilet bowl cleaner. I squirt it on and let it set for a few minutes, then use a stiff brush or a scrubbie and it comes clean.

• Christie Lopez

i used the lemon / vinegar spray and soaked in water....viola!