The Eclectic Eggporeum - Junk Gardening at It's Finest...

The Eggporeum is my funky little shed; originally intended (and used) for my favorite Bantam chickens, now it's used as a garden shed/storage/funky garden vignette. The flip side of the coin is the modular green roof. Now that the chickens are gone, I can use this rustic garden shed for displaying all things bird themed in my garden; bird cages, nests and other bird-o-belia. If it has anything to do with
the eclectic eggporeum junk gardening at it s finest, gardening, outdoor living, Blue door lots of funky salvage to display in front what more could a junk gardener ask for
Blue door, lots of funky salvage to display in front, what more could a junk gardener ask for?
My collection of bird themed vintage stuff needed a place to be displayed. This is it!
the eclectic eggporeum junk gardening at it s finest, gardening, outdoor living, Flourishing in tough conditions Sedum and Sempervivum thrive on the modular green roof see more here
Flourishing in tough conditions, Sedum and Sempervivum thrive on the modular green roof - see more here; http://www.drought-smart-plants.com/modular-green-roof.html
The modular green roof was hard to get established - it's now been renovated twice. Hopefully, now the plants are in better compost, and I have a hose bib handy, it's going to take off and grow much better.
the eclectic eggporeum junk gardening at it s finest, gardening, outdoor living, It s hard to believe but this is the start
It's hard to believe, but this is the start
Luckily, the sandy soil was relatively easy to dig - it was still a ton of work. The floor is earthen, which is best for the chickens feet, and also to use the deep litter system. Now that there are no more inhabitants, this could change.
Drought Smart Plants

• Dee

The green roof is amazing. I am going to try this on the 'woman shed' I built a few years ago. I am now expanding it to add extra storage, as it originated as a 'half-shed' built to sit against the garage and now I have moved to the back of the yard and will have a 2-sided shed with a balcony on top for the grandchild! The roof garden can go on the old side.

• Linda T

But how will you get the lawn-tractor up there? Ha!