Make a DIY Headboard...Out of Plywood!

We recently refreshed our master bedroom to add more storage to the room and to try to bring together the aesthetics of it as well. Around here, I always, always decorate on a tight budget and love to find ways to create projects so I don't need to buy them. In this room, I built our storage platform bed and made our headboard. For the full tutorial and all the details on this project, please refer to the complete post: DIY Plywood Headboard
For the headboard, I found an outline of a headboard shape on the internet and enlarged the image, printed it up, and use it as my template to trace the shape.
Using a jigsaw, I cut out the headboard shape.
I painted the plywood with two coats of a gray paint and then went over it with a white paint and a stencil.
I attached it to the wall (making sure to hit the studs),
and finished off the edges so you can't even tell it is a piece of plywood. You can find the finished bedroom here: Vintage Farmhouse Master Bedroom
Or, click on the link at the bottom of the post to see all the details on this project. Thanks!

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Jenny @ Refresh Living

• Bet6709034
    Bet6709034

How do you enlarge a headboard shape off the internet large enough

• 4156547
      4156547

Old School Methods - 1) Grid the original and make another enlarged grid to hand draw onto. Also lengthen the center horizontal to get proper bed width. 2) Place large paper on wall (with masking tape) and free hand a pleasing shape. Fold in half before cutting out your pattern to get equal sides.
  • Diggin The Desert
    Diggin The Desert

Where did you get that beautiful stencil?

• Diane
      Diane

How Thick was the plywood that you just stapled to the wall???