Super Easy Rustic Bench

$15

This easy rustic bench can be made with only 3 boards and will take the average DIYer less than an hour to build! Use this bench indoors or out, in your garden or in your hallway! It's a great piece you can really put your stamp on with your choice of color, stencil or other fun finish!
Grab an 8' 4x4, a 12' 2x4 and a 12' 2x8. That's all the lumber you'll need to build this bench!
We'll begin by assembling the frame. The frame is made from two pieces of lumber. an 8 foot long 4x4 and a 12 foot long 2x4. See the cut measurements here.
While a pocket hole jig isn't absolutely necessary, it will certainly make the job go much smoother, and quicker. Use pocket holes to connect the apron boards to the 4x4 legs.
You'll also be using pocket holes to build the bench seat, which is built completely with only one 12 foot 2x8 board.
Once your frame and bench seat is assembled, the last thing to do is attach your bench seat to the frame. We'll use more pocket hole screws for this.
Finish the bench with any paint or stain to fit your decor! See? Easy peasey! Build the frame, build the seat, assemble and finish with paint or stain!
See more details and measurements on my blog by clicking the link below!

• 12' 2x4  (The Home Depot)
  • 12' 2x8  (The Home Depot)
  • 8' 4x4  (The Home Depot)

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Andrew @ ScrappyGeek.com

• Anne Gooch

Love this! I have been looking for ideas for my houseplants and I have decided to make a bench and I love this bench. I can see this in my living room with some of my houseplants on it.
  • Bryan patterson

Very nice project I'm stuck in an apartment but I think I could pull it off without too many complaints... thanks for posting