Blanket Chest Made Out of Old Cabinet Doors.

I had a friend who was redoing his kitchen in his beach house. The guys were throwing these doors away and I just had to do something with them. I decided to build this chest to store my blankets in. I cut one of the doors in half to make the two sides and I used whole doors to make the bottom, front and back. Then I cut about two inches horizontally off the top piece and added a piano hinge. I screwed it all together and bought some ball feet to add to it and then I painted right over the existing paint that was cracking and peeling just like I liked it. I sanded some of the blue off to expose the yellow and then I kind of white washed over the whole thing with white paint diluted with water. My brother built a toy box for my grand children with the remaining doors and I still have two left that I plan to paint a picture on and hang on the wall.
blanket chest made out of old cabinet doors, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Chest made out of old kitchen cabinet doors
Chest made out of old kitchen cabinet doors.
blanket chest made out of old cabinet doors, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Top view of blanket chest made out of old kitchen cabinet doors
Top view of blanket chest made out of old kitchen cabinet doors.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 comments
Next