Katie Nathey
Katie Nathey
  • Alpharetta, GA

DIY Mason Jar Chandelier

Check out my DIY Mason Jar Chandelier, which we hung right above the sweetheart table during our wedding reception. You can see more photos and details on my blog.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, DIY Mason Jar Chandelier
DIY Mason Jar Chandelier
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Photo of the chandelier in the background during our wedding reception
Photo of the chandelier in the background during our wedding reception.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, This is the before photo
This is the before photo
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Here are the materials I used to transform it into a mason jar chandelier
Here are the materials I used to transform it into a mason jar chandelier.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I used E600 glue to attach the mason jar lid rings to the chandelier light area this way the jars could screw into the lids
I used E600 glue to attach the mason jar lid rings to the chandelier light area, this way the jars could screw into the lids.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, After I placed the mason jar lid ring in place I removed the excess glue and let it dry for a few hours The mason jar could then be screwed into the lid yet remains removable in case the bulbs need to be changed out
After I placed the mason jar lid ring in place I removed the excess glue and let it dry for a few hours. The mason jar could then be screwed into the lid, yet remains removable in case the bulbs need to be changed out.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I then taped off the sections I didn t want to get paint on
I then taped off the sections I didn't want to get paint on.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I sprayed a couple coats of paint on the chandelier letting it dry in between and also moving it around to make sure the entire thing was covered
I sprayed a couple coats of paint on the chandelier, letting it dry in between and also moving it around to make sure the entire thing was covered.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I wish I would have had extra crystals to add right below the lighting sections but the chandelier now has a permanent home at Memory Mountain at Wolf Laurel for future brides to use
I wish I would have had extra crystals to add right below the lighting sections, but the chandelier now has a permanent home at Memory Mountain at Wolf Laurel for future brides to use :)
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, I attached the crystals using 12lb clear fishing line
I attached the crystals using 12lb, clear fishing line.
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Here is another photo that was taken during the reception set up right before I ran upstairs to get ready
Here is another photo that was taken during the reception set up, right before I ran upstairs to get ready :)
diy mason jar chandelier, diy, lighting, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Close up of the finished DIY Mason Jar Chandelier
Close up of the finished DIY Mason Jar Chandelier.
Katie Nathey