Bubble Wrap Window Insulation Hack

$2
1 Minute

If you're like me and come from a small town with old houses, you can remember insulating your windows for the winter. My dad would take plastic sheeting and double sided tape and seal up all the windows we didn't absolutely need to open. Well, now we live in a house with much better windows, but that doesn't mean there isn't an advantage to adding insulation. We’re still losing heat through our windows, just a smaller amount.  Extra insulation not only helps you save the environment  (by using less electricity) but can save you anywhere from $100 to $500 dollars over the course of the winter (depending on how large your house is and how many money saving tips you implement).
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
The only things I used for this winter hack were bubble wrap and a spray bottle filled with water.
Here I am freezing next to my window. It's the beginning of December, and it's freezing outside.
Step 2: Spray the Window
I couldn't believe that water is the only thing holding this on the the window, but it really works. So I sprayed the water evenly all over the window.
Step 3 : Press On the Bubble Wrap
I precut my bubble wrap to size, so I started at one corner and spread my bubble wrap over the window. It sticks very well. I can also remove it easily by pulling and then wiping the window with a cloth.
I could not believe how much of a difference this made! Plus I still had sunlight shining through. I could still open and shut this sliding window, it didn't block any light from coming in, and only obscured my view a tiny bit.

• Bubble wrap
  • Water in a spray bottle
  • Scissors

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• Ruth
    Ruth

It makes sense that the bubbles face the window because the air pockets are added insultaion.

• Lorraine
    Lorraine

yes! what an excellent idea to stop those drafts!! and it is not costly!

• Nancy
      Nancy

Also not difficult to apply and remove as needed!