Shawna Bailey
Shawna Bailey
  • West Orange, NJ

Bubble Wrap Window Insulation Hack

$2
1 Minute

If you're like me and come from a small town with old houses, you can remember insulating your windows for the winter. My dad would take plastic sheeting and double sided tape and seal up all the windows we didn't absolutely need to open. Well, now we live in a house with much better windows, but that doesn't mean there isn't an advantage to adding insulation. We’re still losing heat through our windows,
bubble wrap window insulation hack
The only things I used for this winter hack were bubble wrap and a spray bottle filled with water.
bubble wrap window insulation hack
Here I am freezing next to my window. It's the beginning of December, and it's freezing outside.
Step 2: Spray the Window
bubble wrap window insulation hack
I couldn't believe that water is the only thing holding this on the the window, but it really works. So I sprayed the water evenly all over the window.
Step 3 : Press On the Bubble Wrap
bubble wrap window insulation hack
I precut my bubble wrap to size, so I started at one corner and spread my bubble wrap over the window. It sticks very well. I can also remove it easily by pulling and then wiping the window with a cloth.
bubble wrap window insulation hack
I could not believe how much of a difference this made! Plus I still had sunlight shining through. I could still open and shut this sliding window, it didn't block any light from coming in, and only obscured my view a tiny bit.

• Bubble wrap
  • Water in a spray bottle
  • Scissors

• Marsha

Where do you get sheets of bubble wrap

• Christina Groves

Bubble wrap is available in a variety of places. Local hardware stores, amazon, you can even order and have it delivered to your local walmart.

• Patricia Cirino

Do u put it only on the glass?i remember putting the plastic even over the outer window trim

• April Barrese

I assume the bubbles are toward the room and not against the window. Correct?

• Cj

The article I read, said the bubbles should be facing the glass.

• George Knapp

I'm going to try a modification of the project to winterize my screen room with bubble wrap and clear plastic sheeting. Thanks for the idea!😀

• Connie Kilgore

Yes I'm going to do this today I hear it w ok rks very well