No-Sew Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree Skirt

For the last few years I have decorated with a rustic, almost woodsy feel for my Christmas tree. This year I stayed with the same theme, but I wanted something more dress up the tree - something to make the tree crate (http://www.hometalk.com/714589/make-a-christmas-tree-crate-hide-that-ugly-stand) and wood scrap ornaments pop (http://www.hometalk.com/10993546/rustic-wood-scrap-ornaments)! And since plaid is my favorite color, I decided to make a Buffalo Plaid tree skirt...best yet...this is no sew and can be finished in less than one hour!
This tree skirt is based on the fleece fringed/no-sew blankets that have been popular for so many years. I actually think I need to make a blanket too!
Hop on over to the fabric store and grab about 3 yards of fleece. If you have scissors, measuring tape/ruler, and some pins, you can make this in no time.
Cut two circles the same size (measurements are on the blog post). The diameter of my tree skirt is 51"
Create the fringe. Keep the fabric folded, and along the outer edge, make straight cuts into fabric, anywhere from 3-5 inches long.
On the TOP LAYER ONLY, make 1/2" slits at the top of the fringe (where it stops and meets the solid portion of the fabric)
Make small slits in the top ONLY - just about where the top of the fringe ends. The slits only need to be about 1/2", slip your bottom fringe through and you are good to go!
Now, slip the matching bottom piece of fringe up and through the slit in the top layer. Continue this around the tree skirt.
Look at how fun that tree skirt is! I cannot wait to get the entire tree decorated...but even if it takes awhile, the crate and skirt dress the tree just fine!

Holly Lefevre

• Teresa Hege Wooten

Where did you get that crate you out the tree in? Did you make it too?

• Diana Smith

Ladies! Have you ever thought of making your own crate? It's not hard & is ALOT of fun!😄 Diana

• Sheryl

What width of fabric did you use? Thanks

• Janet Vogt

Yes do you cut two circles and then put them on top of each other and cut around the edge? This would have the tree ing on top of skirt?

t

• Holly Lefevre

Thank you for the sweet comment. There are so many ways you can personalize this. Bills are a great idea.

• Janet Vogt

Yes, I will make it for my Granddaughter