DIY Painted and Stenciled Linoleum Floor

We've put so much work into making our kitchen a space we can really enjoy but there was one major eyesore killing the vibe: the ugly linoleum floors. Since we were saving up to replace the floors throughout our home eventually, I wanted to try something fun to make them pretty for the time being. Head over to the blog for a complete tutorial from start to finish.
Our standard builder grade linoleum sheet flooring before starting the painting process.
After cleaning the floors with TSP, I rolled on a coat of a good high adhesion primer.
I then painted on 2 coats of Glidden Porch and Floor in a soft mint color.
Then began the stencil process. It was tedious and long but well worth it in the end!
After completing the stencil I laid down 2 coats of poly to protect all my hard work. I made the mistake of using an oil-modified poly, which caused some yellowing once dried. If you try this project make sure to use WATER BASED poly.
I love how it turned out! I love that it adds a soft, whimsical element to the otherwise modern space.

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Shavonda @ AHomeFullOfColor

• Mary S. Duncan
    Mary S. Duncan

I bought Bullseye primer to do my floor but returned it after reading on the can, "DO NOT USE TSP WITH THIS PRODUCT " and "DO NOT USE ON FLOORS". How are your floors holding up?

• Andrea Stroop
    Andrea Stroop

I have a question about the cabinets; Were they standard cabinets with the doors removed? Or did they come open faced like that? I want to try that with ours and your cabinets look awesome!

• SeminoleMom
    SeminoleMom

How long is the drying time in between coats of primer, paint, and poly? I'd like to get an idea of how long I'd have to stay off my floor. Also, do you have to clean the stencil off every time you move it to avoid having the paint smear?