DIY Paper Rosettes From Gift Wrapping Paper

$1

I found some really great rolls of red, green, silver and gold coloured gift wrapping paper on sale and I thought it would look fab on my Christmas gifts.
diy paper rosettes from gift wrapping paper
After wrapping a few gifts I decided to make some little bows with the paper too.
These are unbelievably simple to make. Whilst many other tutorials use 3 pieces of paper to make paper rosettes I only used one.
Depending on the size you want you may want to play around with the sizes that you use. Just make sure that your length is at least twice as long as the width.
In the example shown above I used a 35cm x 15cm piece of paper.
Accordion fold the paper (here I used 1cm folds - this will need to go up or down depending on the size of your rosettes).
When the piece of paper is completely folded secure it with thin florists wire.
Trim the ends so that everything is straight and equal then cut the corners off on each end to make points.
Fold the edges up on each side and use double sided sticky tape or glue to secure.
I loved the little diy paper rosettes that much that I carried on to make loads of them in all different sizes.
I love to use the combination of red and green during the holidays and I used the paper rosettes as decor accents around our home.
When grouped I think they look really fab and would also look great using different colours and sizes for other celebrations.
For more easy DIY projects, click on the link below and sign up for my 'NEWSLETTER' to be sure you don't miss one!

• Gift Wrapping Paper  (Discount Store)
  • Florist Wire  (Craft shop)
Sam Franklin