Suzanne
Suzanne
  • Lexington, SC

Wine Bottle Christmas Decor...Easy and Inexpensive!

I saw this on FB and just had to try it! We recycle glass so I have a few wine bottles hanging around. Everything else came from Michael's.
Soaking the labels off
Soaking the labels off
First, I soaked these in the sink with hot soapy water so that the labels would come off easy.
Clean bottles
Clean bottles
Here are the bottles after I took the labels off. I used a little 3M scrubber and my nails.
Decorating supplies
Decorating supplies
Here are my supplies I bought at Michael's. White paint, three little greenery things to put in the bottles and stick on snow flakes. You will also need twine and double sided tape. I already had these.
After painting the bottles white
After painting the bottles white
Here is where I learned that next time I will use clear bottles. I put on two coats and should have put on more. You also have to be real careful not to put it on too heavy or it will drip!
Finished Christmas Bottle Decor
Finished Christmas Bottle Decor
Here is the finished product. I just scattered the stick on snow flakes to cover evenly, wrapped double sided tape around the top to hold the twine. I wrapped the twine around the top of the bottles. I had to glue the ends to make the ends of the twine stay down. Then, just dressed them up with ornaments and pine cones and tree cuttings from the yard.

• Greenery, white spray paint, stick on snow flakes, twine, glue, 3 wine bottles.  (Michael's)

• Mar8791369

can you use chalk paint?

• Kay p.

The first picture of the bottles, look like soft powder blue. I know it's the lighting,but that would be nice,too.

• German Lopez

What do I do with the wine? My wife say I am very "disturbing" when I drink it😂