Make a Jewelry Organizer That Double as Wall Decor!

Do you have the same problem with jewelry organization like I did? I could never find the matching pair of earrings or sometimes, I would actually forget I owned a particular pair! I came up with a solution that not only organizes everything but looks pretty too!!
make a jewelry organizer that double as wall decor , home decor, organizing, wall decor
I started with a cork board I got from a yard sale. Someone had tried to spray paint it and it was splotchy with a grey-silver.
I started painting - I recovered the cork board with a coat of chrome spray paint. A 3/4" round dowel got the same spray paint. A (affiliate) union jack metal sheet got taped off diagonally and got a coat of heirloom white spray paint.
I cut the metal grill to the size of the cork board using a pair of sharp scissors and stapled it with a staple gun.
Add two7/8" cup hooks on the frame of the cork board just below the edge of the sheet metal to hold the dowel and our jewelry holder is ready!
The dowel holds all the bracelets and rings. The hook earrings hand on the grill. The earrings with studs go right into the cork board like a pin.
Now I have all my jewelry in my sight and looking beautiful like wall art too! double win!! Check out all the detailed steps, resources and final pictures in my blog post!
I had a similar problem with my little girl's accessories... her hair clips, hair bands and bracelets etc... check out how I solved that problem!
Anika Gandhi

1 comment