How To Clean Your Old Cookie Sheet

$0

When I moved into my Jersey City apartment my Grandma gave me some of her cookie sheets as a gift. Two years and many batches of cookies later these sheets have seen better days! I decided I should share my trick to get them looking brand new! (almost)
Step 1. First I made my cleaning mixture that consists of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I mix these two together until they are a paste like consistency.
Step 2. Next, I spread the mixture over the entire sheet. Make sure not to use a heavy hand otherwise it will never dry.
Step 3. After letting it dry for about 3 hours I took a sponge and wiped it all off, scrubbing the really dirty parts.
After you give it a good rinse off, it should be looking good as new!
I hope this post finds you before you begin your cookie baking or maybe even after to keep those sheets fresh and clean for years to come! Happy Holidays :)
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Katesavage

You never mentioned the material you were using it on...is it aluminum or steel? Big difference!

• Diana Brewer Moran

Does this really work?

• Paulette Perez Fultz

My daughter has some nice heavy duty pots and pans. He RV husband has burned popcorn in 2 of them that we have scrubed and scrubed but it will not come off. What advise do you have for getting off?

• Brenda

Boil water in it with diced rhubarb & then wash notmally. It will sparkle when done!

• Joyce

Once you have them nice and clean, buy a couple silicone baking sheets. Very inexpensive and they last forever. You can trim them to fit too. They wash very easily too. Great idea to get the grime off. I have a few old ones I was going to pitch and may try this idea to clean them up.

• Cat

I use parchment for everything. My pan itself is very dirty but who cares of you use parchment? (I do plan on cleaning it soon, so thanks for the tips)