How To Clean Your Old Cookie Sheet

$0

When I moved into my Jersey City apartment my Grandma gave me some of her cookie sheets as a gift. Two years and many batches of cookies later these sheets have seen better days! I decided I should share my trick to get them looking brand new! (almost)
Step 1. First I made my cleaning mixture that consists of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I mix these two together until they are a paste like consistency.
Step 2. Next, I spread the mixture over the entire sheet. Make sure not to use a heavy hand otherwise it will never dry.
Step 3. After letting it dry for about 3 hours I took a sponge and wiped it all off, scrubbing the really dirty parts.
After you give it a good rinse off, it should be looking good as new!
I hope this post finds you before you begin your cookie baking or maybe even after to keep those sheets fresh and clean for years to come! Happy Holidays :)
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Diana Brewer Moran

Does this really work?

• Paulette Perez Fultz

My daughter has some nice heavy duty pots and pans. He RV husband has burned popcorn in 2 of them that we have scrubed and scrubed but it will not come off. What advise do you have for getting off?

• RJM

Use Brillo works great. I use it after every baking session n no build up. My cookie sheets are 50 yrs old n still look great. Also use it on bottom of anything I cook or bake with. Of course not on Teflon etc!

• Pam

What about cleaning slightly enameled stove top iron grills of grease and rust ?

• Cat

I use parchment for everything. My pan itself is very dirty but who cares of you use parchment? (I do plan on cleaning it soon, so thanks for the tips)

• Penelope Obenshane

This is an awesome tip, thank you. I could actually see when baked-on, burned food was lifted-- it was visible staining the top of the peroxide/soda mixture, and in some cases where the spatter was small, could see the entire spot lifted to the top. Much appreciated share!