Kara S.
Kara S.
  • Hometalk Team
  • Houston, TX

How To Clean Your Old Cookie Sheet

$0

When I moved into my Jersey City apartment my Grandma gave me some of her cookie sheets as a gift. Two years and many batches of cookies later these sheets have seen better days! I decided I should share my trick to get them looking brand new! (almost)
how to clean your old cookie sheet, cleaning tips, how to
Step 1. First I made my cleaning mixture that consists of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. I mix these two together until they are a paste like consistency.
Step 2. Next, I spread the mixture over the entire sheet. Make sure not to use a heavy hand otherwise it will never dry.
Step 3. After letting it dry for about 3 hours I took a sponge and wiped it all off, scrubbing the really dirty parts.
After you give it a good rinse off, it should be looking good as new!
I hope this post finds you before you begin your cookie baking or maybe even after to keep those sheets fresh and clean for years to come! Happy Holidays :)

• Car10677260

Will this work on the drip pans on stove?

• Josephine Howland

Oven cleaner uses toxic ingredients, and has toxic fumes. It's very bad for you lungs. This would be a far less toxic way to clean them.

• Katesavage

You never mentioned the material you were using it on...is it aluminum or steel? Big difference!

• Wendy Mason-Cruz

I have some pans I've pulled out to throw out! Maybe I'll try this first!!! My favorite sheets I cover with foil or parchment in order to use them!!! Thanks for the hack!

• Diana Brewer Moran

Does this really work?

• Lailasultani

I recommend Kurt Kutter. Just spray let for 5 minutes just wipe off the grease, believe me it works like magic.

• NK

It's Krud Kutter, works great & is available @ Home Depot, Walmart.

They make a few versions for different chores.