Nautical Christmas Wreath

I decided to make my first Christmas Wreath this year and was inspired by late night shadows on the wall.
One night while lying in bed I noticed that the shadow of one of the ship helms we had hung up resembled a snowflake. Keep in mind that this was after hours of staring at Christmas crafts online, and I had even told the hubs that the corner of his pillow resembled a tree, lol.
I simply added some lights, glittery snowflake ornaments, some fake snow, and a sparkly bow and my wintery, nautical Christmas wreath was born. You can view the full post and tutorial on my blog, along with 9 other wreaths from some fantastical bloggers I teamed up with.
Nautical Christmas Wreath http://upcycledtreasures.com/2013/11/diy-christmas-wreath-ideas/
I bought a back of snowflake ornaments, removed the hanging wire and sprayed them with glitter spray. I then attached them to the ship wheel using removable putty, but you could also use a glue gun.
I added some snowflake LED battery operated Christmas lights and attached the battery pack to the back of the ship wheel with the removable putty.
I made a twig tree and attached it to the center of the ship wheel, followed by some fake snow.
I used fake snow spray on the ship helm and twig tree and glitter spray for the snowflake ornaments.
Here is my nautical wreath all lit up at night. I would have preferred warm lights over the cool ones, they are a tad bright for me. I still love it though :)

Katie Nathey

• Lin Collier

Where did you find the ships wheel?

• Gl Smith

Were you able to remove the snow & stuff from the wheel afterwards? My wheel came from a ship that was sunk in the great lakes, many moons ago, so don't want to harm it. . It's over 3' tall.

• Rhonda

Can you please give items list and where you bought them please

• Linda Abate

I definitely am a beachy person and love anything that has to do with the beach/ocean theme. Your ship wheel is elegant with the little touches of rope and snowflakes. Thanks for sharing this idea.
  • Pmdbio

Perfect wreath for my son. He' all about everything nautical. Thank you for this great idea.

• Renee Price

I have an outdated ship wheel magazine rack . I've been waiting for the perfect project for it . I already have the snowflakes. Thank you