Katie Nathey
Katie Nathey
  • Alpharetta, GA

Nautical Christmas Wreath

I decided to make my first Christmas Wreath this year and was inspired by late night shadows on the wall.
One night while lying in bed I noticed that the shadow of one of the ship helms we had hung up resembled a snowflake. Keep in mind that this was after hours of staring at Christmas crafts online, and I had even told the hubs that the corner of his pillow resembled a tree, lol.
I simply added some
nautical christmas wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths, Nautical Christmas Wreath
Nautical Christmas Wreath http://upcycledtreasures.com/2013/11/diy-christmas-wreath-ideas/
nautical christmas wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths, I bought a back of snowflake ornaments removed the hanging wire and sprayed them with glitter spray I then attached them to the ship wheel using removable putty but you could also use a glue gun
I bought a back of snowflake ornaments, removed the hanging wire and sprayed them with glitter spray. I then attached them to the ship wheel using removable putty, but you could also use a glue gun.
nautical christmas wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths, I added some snowflake LED battery operated Christmas lights and attached the battery pack to the back of the ship wheel with the removable putty
I added some snowflake LED battery operated Christmas lights and attached the battery pack to the back of the ship wheel with the removable putty.
nautical christmas wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths, I made a twig tree and attached it to the center of the ship wheel followed by some fake snow
I made a twig tree and attached it to the center of the ship wheel, followed by some fake snow.
nautical christmas wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths, I used fake snow spray on the ship helm and twig tree and glitter spray for the snowflake ornaments
I used fake snow spray on the ship helm and twig tree and glitter spray for the snowflake ornaments.
nautical christmas wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths, Here is my nautical wreath all lit up at night I would have preferred warm lights over the cool ones they are a tad bright for me I still love it though
Here is my nautical wreath all lit up at night. I would have preferred warm lights over the cool ones, they are a tad bright for me. I still love it though :)
Katie Nathey

• Gaynor Chapman

I love it , gona give it a try x

• Linda Abate

I definitely am a beachy person and love anything that has to do with the beach/ocean theme. Your ship wheel is elegant with the little touches of rope and snowflakes. Thanks for sharing this idea.