Non-Toxic Toy Cleaner

$15

Let's face it. Kids can make things pretty messy around the house. With a 3 yr. old, a 2 yr. old and a 6-month old , things can get out of control around my home. I've got two children who make their toys pretty messy and a baby who loves to put EVERYTHING in her mouth. So, I had to find a non-toxic solution that still managed to clean their toys. This solution is simple, easy and au-natural! No toxic chemicals, no harsh odors and child-friendly.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

SUPPLIES:

- 1 part water

- 1 part distilled white vinegar

- Essential oil (lemon or lavender)

- Clean, empty spray bottle

- Measuring cup

You can buy lavender scented essential oil here on Amazon.

Step 1: Add 1 part water.

Step 2: Add 1 equal part white distilled vinegar.

Step 3: Add your essential oil scent.

The amount you add is completely up to you, but remember that less is more - especially when creating something that is child-friendly. I added 4 drops and it was on the stronger side.

Time to clean this muddy ball up using a safe method.

Step 4: Clean you toys!
Pour into a clean, empty spray bottle and wipe away the dirt, germs and food from your children's toys. Now, wasn't that easy?

Check out where to buy lavender essential oil here.

TIP: Add an adhesive label to ensure you don't mix-up this non-toxic cleaner with your other household solutions.

• Water  (on-hand)
  • Distilled white vinegar  (Stop & Shop)
  • Essential Oil - Lavender  (Bed, Bath & Beyond)

Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

• Tara

Can you use any essential oil or just lavender/lemon?

• Judy

Could you use an extract instead of an oil ?

• Judy

I night the food extracts , pepperment, almond, and food colorings, like red blue etc.

• Jay

Does this also disinfect? Thanks

• Pat Ruge

My only concern is the "essential oils" added to the mix. Kids tend to put everything in their mouths and I would recommend adding either lemon and or "edible" essential oils.

• Indiana Molina-Hurley

Yes, we in America, are aware that vinegar is a chemical. We use the term "chemical" genericallt to denote extremely toxic...in conversation.
    • Melissa Anne Heine

I'm not sure how so called toxic the vinegar is supose to be. But it never killed my sister and I and we drank it all the time when we were kids cause we liked it.