DIY PARTY DECOR: TISSUE PAPER BIRTHDAY NUMBER SIGN TUTORIAL

Continuing with more DIY party decor projects from the twincesses’ fabulous gymnastic party. Let’s cover the big number 3 we used as a part of the party backdrop: The Tissue Paper Number Sign. This project is actually very similar to my Spring tissue paper wreath in that all I did was use tissue paper and hot glue it to the 3. The problem was finding a large number 3 to use. I searched Hobby Lobby and Michaels to no avail, there was nothing big enough anywhere. One trip to my favorite place, Dollar Tree and I decided to make my own number three using foam board!
My cousin Wendy helped me with this project and we knocked it out pretty quickly. First step was to draw the number 3 on the foam board. I never really thought about the fact that there are 2 types of number threes, the one that is round on the top and the one where the top is flat. After deciding on the round number three Wendy drew it to the size I wanted and then used an exacto knife to cut out the foam board.
Next we got started on folding the tissue paper into rectangles and cutting it into flowers
Now we are at the final step of scrunching the flowers and hot gluing them to the foam board.
And here is the finished project as displayed at the party! Check out the link below for more information and great tips for making your own party decor!

Keitha The Bajan Texan

To see more: http://bajantexan.com/2014/05/diy-party-decor-tissue-paper-birthday-number-sign.html

1 comment