Diana
Diana
  • Greenville, SC

10 Minute Modern Spring Wreath Tutorial

Here's a quick modern spring wreath tutorial that can be easily customized to your own style. It’s such a quick, inexpensive way to bring a pop of color to your front door. It’s also easy to adjust this tutorial to any season. I already have a Christmas wreath in mind for this year!

10 minute modern spring wreath tutorial

Base
Craft rings come in all different sizes, so you can choose one that fits your door best. I opted for the largest option. You can find these in the craft/macrame section at Hobby Lobby.

Middle Man
Choose a greenery stem of your choice. I chose the one pictured because it has plenty of movement and the fact that it is simple and green. I personally didn’t want flowers or too much fluff for this specific wreath, but you can choose whatever brings you joy…or is on sale. Lavender, cotton stems, boxwood stems, or dried eucalyptus would also be great options depending on your style.

Support
The ribbon is optional, but it’s a great solution if you need to hide a hook like I did. I ended up using the black striped burlap ribbon that I purchased at Hobby Lobby a year or two ago instead of the yellow one pictured above. If you’re going for a modern look, keep the ribbon simple and neutral.

10 minute modern spring wreath tutorial

Lay your greenery strand on top of your ring in the position you want it to be in for the finished product. Beginning at the end of the stem, tightly wrap a small piece of floral wire around the stem and ring. Work your way down the stem and  wrapping the floral wire where it’s needed.

10 minute modern spring wreath tutorial

Assess the strength of the wreath by holding it up. If there are any loose strands, use a bead of hot glue on the stem and ring to secure it.
Wrap a piece of jute twine or ribbon to the top of the stem to hide the floral wire and stem. Use a bead of hot glue down the stem to securely fasten the twine.

10 minute modern spring wreath tutorial

Finish it off with a ribbon of your choice!
10 minute modern spring wreath tutorial

Lay your greenery strand on top of your ring in the position you want it to be in for the finished product.

• Steel Craft Ring  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Greenery Stem  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Floral Wire  (Hobby Lobby)
Diana

• Bch15148100

are you using fake greenery
    • Diana

Yes, it is fake. I've even thought about adding a few flake flowers to brighten it up for the summer.
  • Wandamurline

I have half of a large wooden embroidery hoop....could I use this and put the greenery on the spot where you tighten it?
    • Diana

I don't see why not. I almost bought a wooden embroidery hoop instead of the metal hoop. I would still use hot glue and floral wire to secure it.

• Jannvan

Love the line of this and will try it. Think I will carry the jute string neatly wrapped around the entire part of the bare ring though to add a bit more simple texture and color without adding bulk. Might be beautiful inside with elegant colored feathers as well???
    • Diana

That's such a great idea! I'm sure it would look great!

• Barb

no