House Number Door Hanger: Spring Edition

$38.00

I'm a little obsessed with door hangers.

Last year's fall and Christmas editions were full of deep, rich colors, but now that spring is nearly here, it's time for something a little softer to welcome warm days full of buds and blooms.

The base is the same as I used before, but I gave it a softer look with some heirloom white spray paint. I love this color because it gives a soft effect without being stark white.

Next, I glued a piece of floral foam to the back,

and the address plate to the front. Visit the blog for details on the craft wood, numbers, and paints I used to make it. This version has the advantage of being a good bit lighter than the tiles I used for the previous hangers.

Choosing the florals for this project was fun, but it did take me a while to get the perfect combination. I decided on cherry and apple blossoms, heather sprays, and foam berries in nice coordinating colors.

Knowing my creative style made all the difference! If you need a little help finding yours, The Creative Design Template will show you how.

Before putting it together, I cut each of the blossom and sprays apart into smaller sections. Cutting makes it much easier to get these shorter pieces into the floral foam and you can also arrange them all around instead of in just one place.

The easy way to arrange the florals around the address plate is to remember just one thing: balance.

What you put on one side, just put on the other. One exception is the center. If you want to have a central focus, that works fine; just balance the rest as you fill it in.

Once you have all of the flowers and sprays in the foam, run a length of ribbon through the holes in the metal base. That's one of the great things about this piece - it has holes on each side that most any ribbon can fit through.

Then hang your address hanger on the door and enjoy the colors of spring!

What flowers would you use in a spring door address hanger?

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
To Work With My Hands

• Nancy
    Nancy

Do you know the name for the metal holder? I can’t find it Thank you!

• ELIZABETH
    ELIZABETH

Where did you get the metal piece and what is it called?

• Jacquie Wisor
      Jacquie Wisor
      4 minutes ago

There's a similar 1 on Amazon so possibly the exact 1 is on there too, she also posted it on her items needed 4 this project.

• Teresa Raysin
    Teresa Raysin

I've looked for that metal hanger, but I can't find it anywhere! Where do you get it?

• Patricia Smith
    Patricia Smith

Very beautifully done & perfect for the warmer months ahead. Where do you find that kind of metal piece? It’s very unique.

• Mandy
    Mandy

Very beautiful I will definitely be doing this ,thanks for sharing