House Number Door Hanger: Spring Edition

$38.00

I'm a little obsessed with door hangers.

Last year's fall and Christmas editions were full of deep, rich colors, but now that spring is nearly here, it's time for something a little softer to welcome warm days full of buds and blooms.

The base is the same as I used before, but I gave it a softer look with some heirloom white spray paint. I love this color because it gives a soft effect without being stark white.

Next, I glued a piece of floral foam to the back,

and the address plate to the front. Visit the blog for details on the craft wood, numbers, and paints I used to make it. This version has the advantage of being a good bit lighter than the tiles I used for the previous hangers.

Choosing the florals for this project was fun, but it did take me a while to get the perfect combination. I decided on cherry and apple blossoms, heather sprays, and foam berries in nice coordinating colors.

Knowing my creative style made all the difference! If you need a little help finding yours, The Creative Design Template will show you how.

Before putting it together, I cut each of the blossom and sprays apart into smaller sections. Cutting makes it much easier to get these shorter pieces into the floral foam and you can also arrange them all around instead of in just one place.

The easy way to arrange the florals around the address plate is to remember just one thing: balance.

What you put on one side, just put on the other. One exception is the center. If you want to have a central focus, that works fine; just balance the rest as you fill it in.

Once you have all of the flowers and sprays in the foam, run a length of ribbon through the holes in the metal base. That's one of the great things about this piece - it has holes on each side that most any ribbon can fit through.

Then hang your address hanger on the door and enjoy the colors of spring!

What flowers would you use in a spring door address hanger?

• Decor metal base  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Floral foam  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Craft utility wood  (Hobby Lobby)

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
To Work With My Hands