Denim Wall Storage
I need more storage. Who doesn't need more storage space? This project solves all my problems in the cutest little way.
People always ask where the inspiration for my crafts come from. The mind of an artist is an intriguing thing; my mind works differently than most. I realized that at a young age when I started taking apart simple household items like curling irons and cassette tapes, just to see how they work. This weeks project came to me while I was thrift shopping. I’m not the thriftiest girl, but I do find tons of inspiration while visiting thrift stores and this time was no different.
I ran across a rack of old denim and knew there had to be a cool craft I could use them for. I purchased a pair then headed to the art store where this idea popped into my head.
Turn jeans inside out – if jeans are small cut or rip until you have access to entire pocket
Using marker and your embroidery circle as a guide draw a larger circle around the back pocket of jeans
Roughly cut out circle
- Loosen embroidery circle by twisting the screw and remove smaller circle
- Place smaller circle under pants around pocket, Place large circle on top of pants around pocket
- Carefully work smaller circle into bigger circle – you might need to loosen larger circle a lot
- Once in place tighten bigger embroidery circle
- Pull pants as tight and taunt as possible in embroider circles
Cut any access material
Hang and use the pockets as storage
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go