Vintage Ladder Plant Stand ~ Fusion Mineral Paint Lily Pond Green

I love old paint splattered, weathered step ladders ~ most are no longer save to climb on but the make great little plant stands, night stands, side tables etc.

I found this old little step ladder at a flea market & while I love grayed out paint splattered wood sometimes you just need a pop of color!

The folks at Hometalk were kind enough to send me samples of Fusion Mineral Paint products to try out, the color I choose was Lily Pond from their Penney & Co. Collection and to finish my project I choose their Clear Tough Coat Matte Wipe-On Poly.

Love the color!

I wiped down the ladder and then started painting...the paint was super easy to work with, it went on smoothly and dried quickly (great for me because I'm not always the most patient person...)

I gave the ladder two coats of paint & then it was time to start distressing ~ I personally like wet distressing better then sanding mostly because I tend to get a little carried away with sandpaper...I use  wet  shop towels for light paint removal & and mesh nylon covered sponges for areas where I want to remove more of the paint.

I plan on using the ladder as a combination plant stand/side table on a covered porch so for extra protection I applied two coats of the wipe on Fusion Clear Tough-Coat Matte Poly ~ low odor & easy to apply ~ I'll definitely be using this product to finish future pieces!

Even though it's freshly painted I think it still has a vintage feel to it ~ love it!

• Fusion Mineral Paint  (Hometalk/Fusion Paint Co.)
  • Fusion Clear Tough-Coat Matte Wipe-On Poly  (Hometalk/Fusion Paint Co.)

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/dianasdiyden/