Repurpose Horseshoes and Wood Into a Rustic, Country Candle Holder

60K Views
For those of us with a little cowgirl in us. Here's a repurpose project combining old horseshoes and a chunky piece of rough sawn wood. By drilling spaces deep enough into the wood to hold votive candle holders and attaching horshoes to each end, I've created a rustic candle holder. The wood was from our burn pile and the horseshoes were in the neighbors scrap pile. (He's a farrier and he gave me a dozen of them!)
  • repurpose horseshoes and wood into a rustic country candle holder, crafts, repurposing upcycling

Suggested materials for this project:

Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life

• Cynthia E
      Cynthia E Daleville, AL

Love it! My Dad's birthday is coming up (grew up on a working ranch and loves this type decor) I will have to use this idea for him, although he's not really into candles (I love)maybe can put fewer bigger/slightly deeper holes to hold his keys, wallet and remote. So can use larger flatter (cast iron shallow dish?) or he could just drop into holes? Hummm will have to figure out how to adapt this for his needs.

• Cynthia E
          Cynthia E Daleville, AL

@Chris Arrington Loeder good idea, hummm might could even find shallow dish or basket (metal) and attach horseshoes to it ...

• Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life
          Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life Campobello, SC

Thank you. I'd be curious to see what you come up with!