Kitchen Tile Inlay Project!

Ever want one of those expensive tile inlays but don't want to spend hundreds? Well, this project is a very reasonable facsimile and I love how it came out !
This is more or less what we were going for..
This is the space I was covering ( because I ordered the wrong size plate rack  )...I didn't want to just put more tiles so...I ordered flexible molding (from Etsy)
After repairing the hole with spackling, I then glued the flexible rope molding directly to the drywall..
Then, I glued the medallion with Liquid Nails ( along with some additional smaller wood trim pieces from THD, not pictured  )... painted everything with a white chalk paint to take away any sheen.. and...
VOILA! I love it  and it cost about $65 for the all the trim pieces! Whaddaya guys think?

• Flexible Rope molding  (Etsy)
  • Polyurethane Ceiling Medallion  (Architectural Dept ( Online))
  • Liquid Nails

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants

• Cece

Not a question but a comment. I love what you've done. But. I think it would look more authentic if it were painted with a glossy finish in keeping with the ceramic theme. If you're going faux ceramic, shouldn't it be glossy, and therefor easier to clean in the kitchen?
    • Diane Farmer

Very petty, can’t wait to see the updated colors you decide on. Please repost pictures..... thank you 😁😁

• Trinity

Where did you get rooster pan rack.love it
    • Jessie

I got that from Wayfair HOWEVER.. although it is beautiful, I wouldn't say its functional.. it holds together very poorly and is difficult to stabilize. I only did so buy gluing the metal together and I don't use it to hold anything heavier.. but its so pretty and French, I kept it despite being offered a refund from Wayfair.
  • Barbara Trager

what is the flexible rope molding made of? can it be painted?