Boring Wall Turned Into a Statement Piece

$75

The salon I work at asked me to come up with a design solution for a blank wall. I needed something that would make the wall stand out as clients walked by, but wanted to try something other than art. So I used trim and stencils to create my own art!
This is the boring blank wall that needs some interest added to it. You will need trim pieces of your choosing to create frames to attach to the wall. Cut the pieces to the height and width desired. I created 2 full frames to fit centered on the wall. Taller frames will help in making the room feel bigger.
Once the trim pieces are cut to length, attach them together with a nail gun. A 45 degree angle will be needed to make each corner of the frame. Use a miter saw to make your cuts and they will fit together perfectly!
Attach the frames to the walls, centering them with equal distances between them. Paint the new moulding the same color as the trim.
I bought a large stencil from Royal Stencils and the stencil creme that has a metallic sheen. Stencil the inside of the frames using your stencil brush. Make sure to read my tutorial to learn exactly how to apply the creme to the stencil.
The finished product is a statement wall that brings tons of compliments from the clients! It's unique and easy to do and the variations are endless to create your own statement wall. I'm hoping to try this in my home next! Check out the full tutorial at Mommy's Tool Belt.

Christina

• Angela Knight Liberatore

I love it! I wonder how it would look in my family room?!

• Laurel Galvan

I did a very similar thing in my last home and the buyers loved it. Instead of doing stencils, I paint the inside a shade or two dark the the wall color. I used shades of creamed coffee. Then I placed framed photos inside the wall frames. I had pmany. Some had a single large photo or painting and others have collages.

the stencils are equally creative.
  • Cindy Small

I'm using barn doors as the headboard for my bed but the wall at the foot of the bed has a stone fireplace I absolutely love it but my walls are the old stucco style what color wild make the stone and room pop and how do I paint over that's pointy stucco type wall without buying a paint sprayer? I'm doing like a grey wash on barn doors and would like to also incorporate this color and specific pillow on bed.
    , is texture on wall, Stone on wall surrounding fireplace which goes floor to ceiling, Throw pillow I want to incorporate like color of flower
    • Rita Stroud

I think applying a thin sheet of plywood measured the size and then frame around the plywood to get that flat smooth surface painted, wallpapered, or stenciled.

• Mary Dodge

Wouldn't it be more practical to paint the frame before putting it up?

• Mrs B

Love this! I have a boring narrow hallway - can't put shelves or pictures there, but this will be perfect!

• Lori Morin

Great job! I love how it came out! I might try it myself!