Boring Wall Turned Into a Statement Piece

$75

The salon I work at asked me to come up with a design solution for a blank wall. I needed something that would make the wall stand out as clients walked by, but wanted to try something other than art. So I used trim and stencils to create my own art!
This is the boring blank wall that needs some interest added to it. You will need trim pieces of your choosing to create frames to attach to the wall. Cut the pieces to the height and width desired. I created 2 full frames to fit centered on the wall. Taller frames will help in making the room feel bigger.
Once the trim pieces are cut to length, attach them together with a nail gun. A 45 degree angle will be needed to make each corner of the frame. Use a miter saw to make your cuts and they will fit together perfectly!
Attach the frames to the walls, centering them with equal distances between them. Paint the new moulding the same color as the trim.
I bought a large stencil from Royal Stencils and the stencil creme that has a metallic sheen. Stencil the inside of the frames using your stencil brush. Make sure to read my tutorial to learn exactly how to apply the creme to the stencil.
The finished product is a statement wall that brings tons of compliments from the clients! It's unique and easy to do and the variations are endless to create your own statement wall. I'm hoping to try this in my home next! Check out the full tutorial at Mommy's Tool Belt.

15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Christina

• Angela Knight Liberatore

I love it! I wonder how it would look in my family room?!

• Bek

Given the variety of stencils available, I'm sure you can find on that perfectly fits both your family room and your family! There are endless colors available, as well. GO FOR IT!

• Cindy Small

I'm using barn doors as the headboard for my bed but the wall at the foot of the bed has a stone fireplace I absolutely love it but my walls are the old stucco style what color wild make the stone and room pop and how do I paint over that's pointy stucco type wall without buying a paint sprayer? I'm doing like a grey wash on barn doors and would like to also incorporate this color and specific pillow on bed.
    , is texture on wall, Stone on wall surrounding fireplace which goes floor to ceiling, Throw pillow I want to incorporate like color of flower
    • Rita Stroud

I think applying a thin sheet of plywood measured the size and then frame around the plywood to get that flat smooth surface painted, wallpapered, or stenciled.

• Mary Dodge

Wouldn't it be more practical to paint the frame before putting it up?