DIY Remote Control Tray to Organize the Living Room

$5

Just why do you have to have FIVE remotes if you only have ONE tv? I have no idea... but we do. We were always losing them so I decided to make a tray to keep them together.

I can’t tell you exactly how much this tray cost me at the estate sale because I filled it up with goodies, brought it up to the checkout stand, and the lady charged me $10.00 for the whole pile! With everything else I got at the time it probably averaged 75c a piece. I love finding little trays like this because there are so many different ways to update them. Trays are on my permanent list of things to find.

This was another super easy project.  I just gave it a couple of coats of white paint.  Let it dry completely then covered with a light coat of matte varnish.
Then I cut the canvas to fit the bottom and decoupaged it in.

Now it sits on our coffee table next to my upcycled casserole carrier tray and holds our remotes.   I’m still not sure what all these do but we need them… lol…  The little bell belonged to Bikeman’s grandmother.  We tease that he could just ring it when he wants me to bring him something to eat…  probably not gonna happen.
Don't forget to visit the blog post to get the complete supply list and also sign up for our Thrift Store Makeover email list and have all our projects sent straight to your in box!!!

Thanks for reading.  I’d love to hear about any trays you’ve made.  Leave a comment and tell me about them.

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim