DIY Remote Control Tray to Organize the Living Room

$5

Just why do you have to have FIVE remotes if you only have ONE tv? I have no idea... but we do. We were always losing them so I decided to make a tray to keep them together.

I can’t tell you exactly how much this tray cost me at the estate sale because I filled it up with goodies, brought it up to the checkout stand, and the lady charged me $10.00 for the whole pile! With everything else I got at the time it probably averaged 75c a piece. I love finding little trays like this because there are so many different ways to update them. Trays are on my permanent list of things to find.

diy remote control tray to organize the living room
This was another super easy project.  I just gave it a couple of coats of white paint.  Let it dry completely then covered with a light coat of matte varnish.
Then I cut the canvas to fit the bottom and decoupaged it in.

Now it sits on our coffee table next to my upcycled casserole carrier tray and holds our remotes.   I’m still not sure what all these do but we need them… lol…  The little bell belonged to Bikeman’s grandmother.  We tease that he could just ring it when he wants me to bring him something to eat…  probably not gonna happen.
Don't forget to visit the blog post to get the complete supply list and also sign up for our Thrift Store Makeover email list and have all our projects sent straight to your in box!!!

Thanks for reading.  I’d love to hear about any trays you’ve made.  Leave a comment and tell me about them.

Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim