Bathroom Remodel Complete Gut

$20000
3 Weeks
Advanced

From Dark, Drab and Awkward to Bright, Pretty and Spacious.
Fab and Pretty Ensuite Redesign
After years of pinning and screen shots we finally took the plunge and redesigned, renovated, flipped, gutted, our ensuite bathroom. Before this reno I actually used to say "Who builds a bathroom in a turret"?
Now we love our turret ensuite!
I love the idea of marble and subway for a clean vintage feel. However didn't really trust myself with marble vanity tops and wanted a more durable product.  These countertops are made of quartz. They definitely have the feel of deeply veined marble. I do love how the heavier veining adds a bit more drama to the space.
 This is where you can really see the benefit of stealing some space from the master bedroom. Dual sinks is a great idea...sharing that small square didn't really work.  Well, actually we did make it work for 16 years!  We were also in desperate need of storage which would work better for us.  So by thinking this through and accepting that moving the shower was best we also realized that 2 vanities would give us plenty of storage with the addition of the over john.
That bump in which used to the the shower 'cubby' became a nice space to move the toilet out from the middle of the room!

Moving the wall out into the bedroom meant that a swinging door wouldn't work as well. It would either open onto the closet door or into the bathroom toward the toilet or shower. We decided that a barn door would work nicely, and instead of painting it white to match all of the trim we painted it to match the cream vanities and over-john. We do have black door knobs and hinges throughout the house which is why we opted for the dark hardware.

• Quartz  (Quartz by Adrian Calgary)
  • Chrome light fixtures  (Rona Canada)
  • Cream Vanities  (Lowes)

Fab and Pretty

• Howard

What can I do to fix white bathroom tile from the seventies.